Talk

Advanced search

to be jealous that i will never have a royal wedding?

(24 Posts)
maighdlin Thu 06-Jan-11 11:31:10

im not at all a massive royalist nor do i find prince william in any way attractive, but i couldn't help but be envy when reading about the details of the royal wedding. i know its not everyone's cup of tea to have a massive wedding but if it is yours are you not also jealous that kate middleton will be having this big massive royal wedding? you just know it will be beautiful and perfect. don't get me wrong i loved my wedding day but if i had the chance to do it like a royal i so would. it really is a fairytale princess wedding.

MamaVoo Thu 06-Jan-11 11:33:13

But they can't have whatever they want can they? They have to toe the line and put on a show. Maybe perfect to them would be something more small and private.

I wouldn't have minded people lining the streets waving flags at me though grin

sethstarkaddersmum Thu 06-Jan-11 11:35:55

I am not jealous of the wedding but I would quite like to be queen (regnant I mean, not just a poxy consort).

geezmyfeetarecold Thu 06-Jan-11 11:38:17

Im not jealous but a little concerned that the royal family is now worth shite as he is marrying a proper commoner.
Not that I care as I am NOT a monarchist but really?

curlymama Thu 06-Jan-11 11:42:43

I am a little bit jealous because their wedding will obviously be beautiful, but I bet I got to have more things my way on my wedding day than Kate will get on hers. And I think mine was more fun than a royal wedding could be. She will have to pose for lots of photos, and as much as I love my wedding photos, the photographer did start to piss me off for being in my face the whole time and trying to make us pose. Kate won't be able to tell her photographer to bugger of for an hour so she could dance and get pissed. I was able to drink as much champagne as I wanted, Kate may well have to restrict herself slightly.

venusandmarshmallow Thu 06-Jan-11 11:46:07

But how does she respond if her future MIL starts 'interfering' in her plans, and making suggestions for the guest list and the seating arrangements?

Poor Katie won't actually get to have the day that SHE wants, no option of a quick low-key ceremony followed by a fun celebration surrounded only by those she loves and is loved by, with everyone mucking in to making it a splendid day!

Poor couple are even under pressure to follow tradition and have 'the balcony kiss'. I'd rather kiss my hansome prince when and where i wanted to.

(This from a girl who grew up wanting to marry Prince Andrew because I thought that Venus Windsor was a good name hmm blush)

meantosay Thu 06-Jan-11 11:46:46

I don't envy her at all. Poor Princess Diana had a beautiful wedding, no expense spared, crowds out on the street to wish her well, and looked at what a terrible, terrible way it all ended.

curlymama Thu 06-Jan-11 11:48:15

Venus Windsor is an awesome name! grin

But not worth marrying Prince Andrew for.

MassiveKnob Thu 06-Jan-11 11:55:49

It is what comes after the wedding which would take away any jealousy.

Life of hell i should think.

glastocat Thu 06-Jan-11 11:59:03

I honestly can't imagine anything worse! I wouldn't want the wedding, or to be a princess, any of it. I'd take their money though. God imagine marrying into that bunch of assholes! shudders

glastocat Thu 06-Jan-11 12:01:23

It won't be perfect either, remember the bitching about Diana's dress being shock horror crushed. And then she got his name wrong!grin.

gordyslovesheep Thu 06-Jan-11 12:03:36

I think it's a bit daft - the wedding isn't important - it's marrying somebody you love that matters

maybe they want to run away to vegas but they don't have a choice do they?

if the big day is all that matters I wouldn;t get married!

Onetoomanycornettos Thu 06-Jan-11 12:04:03

Not jealous in the slightest, what a funny emotion to have? I loved my wedding day though, and really don't think it would have been better riding in a hideous glass coach or having loads of people throw flowers wrapped in cellophane at me, or whatever they are doing.

thereistheball Thu 06-Jan-11 12:11:05

The problem will be that, at this wedding, the bride will not take precedence. Of course she will have a nice dress, but she won't be able to let her hair down, and at my wedding I'd like to be allowed to sit without waiting for GMIL.

thereistheball Thu 06-Jan-11 12:12:28

Also what percentage of the guest-list will she actually have met before, let alone be friends with?

AntonDuBurk Thu 06-Jan-11 12:15:50

God, no!

I doubt either of them will have the slightest say in the guestlist for a start. It's having to invite Great Aunt Esmerelda who you've never met x 1,000. And being on show/best behaviour to the nation. Don't envy her (or him) in the slightest tbh.

slug Thu 06-Jan-11 12:21:25

Don't envy her at all. Nor do I envy the pressure that will go on the minute the honeymoon is over to produce an heir.

OTheHugeManatee Thu 06-Jan-11 12:26:48

I'm just counting the days until the new Mrs Windsor is on MN starting The MIL Thread To End All MIL Threads. grin

oftenpurple Thu 06-Jan-11 12:26:52

I should think it will be hideous to be the bride in this particular marriage, let alone the wife in this marriage. I really do wish her the very best of luck, I think she will need it.

We're getting the big build up to the wedding, then 5 minutes after that they'll be wondering why she's not pregnant. Then we'll hear all about the names for their offspring, then they'll be going to Eton (unless the aforementioned are girls!). Imagine doing the school run with everyone examining the minutiae of your outfit, no 'it'll do for the school run' for her. Don't even get started on speech day!

PotteringAlong Thu 06-Jan-11 12:47:28

I would love to be Queen. I had a minor strop at DH once when I reaslised that, as we had a church of England and a Catholic wedding (comedy double act of 2 priests), I could no longer be Queen. I irrationally blamed DH for this as he's the catholic. Not to let a little thing like line of succession get in the way of my dreams...!

mutznutz Thu 06-Jan-11 12:49:47

I think it has to be the most impersonal and unromantic wedding ever for the young couple. They're going to be totally knackered by the end of it....having spent an entire day and most of the night nodding politely at dignitaries they don't even know.

Yuk! No thanks.

MumInBeds Thu 06-Jan-11 12:58:08

I'm not too sure how her future MIL could interfere confused unless you think a haunting is on the cards.

venusandmarshmallow Thu 06-Jan-11 12:59:03

Apparently the 'young couple' are VERY involved in their own wedding, they are 'chairing' all the major meetings. how horrendous!

(and we all know that that the person who writes the minutes is the one who makes the decisions really [evil grin])

DrSeuss Thu 06-Jan-11 13:00:24

Nor will you pursued by hordes of cameras while just trying to go about your aily business. If you want to get pregnant, you can do so without then having a camera pointed at you to debate your current weight gain. If you don't want a baby, then you don't have to have it discussed in the tabloids. If you gain or lose weight, that's your business. You will not have to be constantly compared to your late MIL in terms of looks, ability with people or anything else. You will be judged for yourself and your own personality and intelligence. If you have a degree from a top university, someone might notice instead of talking about your shoes. Shall I go on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now