Talk

Advanced search

to hope that the lib dems die on their arse in the oldham by election

(47 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Wed 05-Jan-11 22:21:02

bi election in oldam/saddleworth
i dont live there btw...

will be interesting, but i would dearly like the twassock that is Nick Clegg to get the message.

aibu?

manicbmc Wed 05-Jan-11 22:21:35

Fair enough grin

gordyslovesheep Wed 05-Jan-11 22:22:18

no you are so NBU - I hope they actually do die!

Newgolddream Wed 05-Jan-11 22:22:42

No. They have lost all credibility imo.

animula Wed 05-Jan-11 22:23:16

I can't help but sort of hope they do come a low third, just because it'll make for such interesting viewing. Kind of like a soap, I think, with lots and lots of fall-out and shenanigans.

SLDTTC maybe.

bees474 Wed 05-Jan-11 22:23:23

Nothing short of total annihilation will be good enough.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 05-Jan-11 22:24:25

obviously i mean bi election! in my haste to type i got the wrong bi! doh!

GrimmaTheNome Wed 05-Jan-11 22:25:29

In this case I think YABU - if the original election had been fought fairly they might have won the seat in the first place.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I think the LibDems are moderating the Tories, would you really have preferred pure Con?

manicbmc Wed 05-Jan-11 22:26:33

Shouldn't that be 'bye bye' election?

animula Wed 05-Jan-11 22:27:28

Grimma does have a point there, though.

It was most shabby on the part of the Labour candidate. I did feel a wee bit conflicted as I watched the news report.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 05-Jan-11 22:32:10

yeah but the labour man got the boot.

rightly so for being dishonest, but he was just one man

the other two parties are dishonest. byeing votes with top jobs and selling their souls for 15 mins in the spotlight. and lying. lying through their teeth, the cons and the dems.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 05-Jan-11 22:42:46

i would quite like them to get their arses kicked....no idea who id prefer but its not in my area!

and i cannot spell bye, buying, bi, i have just discovered! gawd!

singingcat Wed 05-Jan-11 22:43:39

I reckon they will... who the hell would vote LibDem now?

huddspur Wed 05-Jan-11 23:21:13

YABVU I'm a Liberal supporter

GinaFordsDrugMule Sat 08-Jan-11 19:38:46

I was a liberal supporter. I am not now.

beanlet Sat 08-Jan-11 19:50:59

Actually, it's one word, byelection.

[pisses off back to pedant's corner]

gretalse Sat 08-Jan-11 19:52:24

I'm not a big fan of the coalition or the Lib Dems but what the Labour guy did at the last election was pretty disgraceful so I hope they don't win and the Liberals do.

musicmadness Sat 08-Jan-11 19:59:28

YANBU - What the old Labour guy did was horrid but that was one person, not the entire labour party. The Lib Dems have betrayed the majority of their supporters.

gretalse Sat 08-Jan-11 20:05:36

I'm not sure, surely someone at Labour Party HQ must have seen/approved the campaign literature which he sent out. He was playing on racial tensions in a town where we've had very serious racial problems, riots etc in the past. I come from Oldham but don't live there anymore but I hope Labour lose so they can have a long hard look at themselves over this.

newwave Sat 08-Jan-11 20:09:16

As a LD supporter I should want them to win but I hope their vote is destroyed.

As for Woolas lying yes he did but the LDs are notorious for running dirty campaigns and I see that as part of the rough and tumble of politics. To go to court was wrong and more importantly reeked of double standards as Clegg & Co have been proven to be two faced liars of the highest order as have the Tories.

gretalse Sat 08-Jan-11 21:08:59

I don't think the Lib Dems have ever tried to exploit racial tensions in a town which has had race riots in the past. The leaflets distributed were the sort of things that you'd expect from the BNP

ManateeEquineOhara Sat 08-Jan-11 21:17:31

I hope they all die on their arses full stop for what they have done with fees >(

I hate Torys, but at least everyone knows they are going to fuck up public services if they are elected.

angry

reratio Sat 08-Jan-11 21:20:06

I don't get all this talk about tories destroying public services. I live in a rural area and to be honest public services are arguably worse now after years of Labour then they were at the end of the last Tory Government.

LBsmum Sat 08-Jan-11 21:23:28

If they do it will be a shock for the lib dems, proper lib dem country is Oldham

Read today the Tories are holding back to give them more of a chance

LilyBolero Sat 08-Jan-11 21:26:03

Phil Woolas was wrong to try and win an election by printing lies.

But. There are a significant number of LD held seats held in university towns, some of which won by small minorities, where the vote was won on the basis of their pledge to VOTE AGAINST ANY RISE IN TUITION FEES.

They deserve to come 3rd or 4th.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now