Talk

Advanced search

i have singed my fringe

(24 Posts)
nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:17:53

On the hair straighteners.

Have resorted to doing a semi comb over like all the teens.

Im 36 its not a good look.

any advice?

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:23:38

ok then

dont care.

<takes singed fringe hidden under semi comb over and flounces>

Catsmamma Wed 05-Jan-11 11:24:21

have you a nice hat? ;)

TrillianAstra Wed 05-Jan-11 11:24:39

Yes it is very unreasonable to have singed your fringe, poor fringe, how dare you treat it that way?

altinkum Wed 05-Jan-11 11:25:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rannaldini Wed 05-Jan-11 11:25:48

a merkin glued to the forehead?

Memoo Wed 05-Jan-11 11:39:54

What is a Merkin? Isn't it a fanny wig?

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:41:42

I didnt know it was in aibu grin.

I have no fringle to clip up angry grin are u ridicooooling my follicle trauma?

What is a merkin ? is it like a badger??

My hats rely on a smooth fringe at the front other wise I look like Frank Spencer/

I came back from a follicle flounce to check for bloody answers that mught be useful.

Gah.

Will they laugh at me if i go to boots and ask for a product that unsinges hair??

SheWillBeLoved Wed 05-Jan-11 11:41:51

grin

Serum, I did it with those flimsy bits of hair around my forehead that never seem to grow, stuck some anti frizz serum on and it smoothed them back out.

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:42:22

FFS memoo you are lowering the tone mentioning the word fanny on my traumatic thread.

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:42:53

I HEART SHE WILLBELOVED.

any particular brand?

Memoo Wed 05-Jan-11 11:44:08

So Nickschick, I mean is it a ladygarden wig?

SheWillBeLoved Wed 05-Jan-11 11:45:09

Any will do, I use a crap 'Twisted Sista' one from one of those bargain shops and that worked brilliantly, so I imagine with a better brand you'll having locks that look like tiny strands of silk, woven by pygmy doormice!

SheWillBeLoved Wed 05-Jan-11 11:45:54

have

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:47:25

Its on my farkin forehead.

Not a merkin my singed fringe I mean I dont straighten my ladygarden .....why the hell would someone wear a wig down there? something shocking would happen if i did .....itd fall off and slip down my trouser leg and the cashier at tesco might say 'on my dear youve lost your merkin'

<its stressful this fringe business - its windy out and i need my comb over to stay in position.

TattyDevine Wed 05-Jan-11 11:47:53

It might improve once you have washed it, use a protein rich conditioner, something with keratin, and a bit of silicone too, anti frizz type serum, that kind of thing, and just smooth it on a low heat with a hairdryer, you might find the cuticle realigns itself and settles...

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:48:16

I hope so .........

TattyDevine Wed 05-Jan-11 11:49:00

Give us an update wont ya. And if it doesn't improve, a photo, please.

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:49:12

I want to google a merkin (out of curiousity) but my stupid teens keep checking my history to discover how ive spent my day blush ......

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:50:06

oh of course tatty ill put a picture on of me looking like rab c nesbit in the cigar photo booth ad (if u are old enough to remember that).

not.

grin

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 11:51:44

And it gets worse.

Ds has just told my friend mums on mumsnet writing about singing to her fringe.

The world is mad im telling ya.

And dh is still asking me if i know how much petrol is in Spain.

Memoo Wed 05-Jan-11 12:24:19

You know with chinese whispers the gossip is going to be that you singed your minge while trying to straighten your 'hair'

nickschick Wed 05-Jan-11 13:13:01

only if u start that 'rumour' memoo grin.

Mowiol Wed 05-Jan-11 13:20:26

I never learn and regularly cut my own fringe so that I get told off by the hairdresser. So you have my sympathies.
I also managed to singe my hair once by leaning over the cooker to light a fag. Serves me right - but I second the use of product, which has saved many a hairdo grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: