Talk

Advanced search

Paying for essay writing

(8 Posts)
LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Tue 04-Jan-11 15:16:02

I've just been looking for jobs on the Working Mums website, when I came across an advert saying that this company are recruiting. How is this even legal? Although I'd quite enjoy the work, surely it would impinge on your credibility as an academic?
I can't believe that such a service exists, does anyone know anyone who has used something like this?

LaWeaselMys Tue 04-Jan-11 15:22:10

Weird.

I have seen this kind if thing advertised before but assumed you would just be scammed if you tried to buy from them.

Would be interesting to see whether they really are vigourously individual and to a high standard?!

slug Tue 04-Jan-11 15:31:50

"Moreover we offer a money-back, No Plagiarism Guarantee to our customers."

Err, isn't this, by definition plagiarism? hmm

LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Tue 04-Jan-11 15:32:13

Maybe we could club together and buy an essay to see? Nah, silly idea.

germajesty Tue 04-Jan-11 15:38:06

blardy hell!

Onetoomanycornettos Tue 04-Jan-11 15:38:42

Well, it wouldn't just impinge on your credibility, if you or the student got found out by the academic department, you or them would be punished, ranging from receiving no mark, getting a formal warning or being dismissed. Universities take plagarism and cheating very seriously (it wouldn't be your own work, but someone elses) and employ quite sophisticated software to detect it (how would you complain to the university if it turned out your 'completely original non-plagarised essay' was copied elsewhere by the essay writer?!)

You can work legally and honestly in similar fields by doing things like a) tutoring students at school and university level b) OU teaching, although the subjects they want are very restricted c) dissertation proof-reading and copy-editing (which is allowed).

Casseopeia Tue 04-Jan-11 15:39:27

Loopy - if you are an academic... perhaps you could find yourself marking a paper you wrote yourself! Would you give it an F (for cheating) or an A+? There's a dilemma!

Prolesworth Tue 04-Jan-11 15:47:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: