Talk

Advanced search

to *not* eat grapes that Dh took from the dog?

(9 Posts)
FairhairedandFrustrated Mon 03-Jan-11 23:26:48

... because Dh thinks that I should eat them, seeing as how he washed them under the tap!

The manky git... and he threw back over his shoulder... "You eat them every other time I rescue them from the dog...."

hmm

igetmorelovefromthecat Mon 03-Jan-11 23:35:43

I was reading in Chat magazine blush about a dog who nearly died after eating some raisins.

Apparently raisins and grapes can cause renal failure and be fatal for dogs. I never knew that until now and I have 2 dogs. OK it was in Chat magazine but it may be true.

ItsMeMo Mon 03-Jan-11 23:38:17

I wouldn't.

But then again, they grow outside and may have all sorts on them.

ilovemyhens Mon 03-Jan-11 23:39:07

You could steep them in some Milton for a little while grin

DooinMeCleanin Mon 03-Jan-11 23:41:10

Grapes are poisonous to dogs. As are rasins, avacado, chocolate, onions and a few other things I can't remember.

YABU to keep grapes where your dog can eat them.

FairhairedandFrustrated Mon 03-Jan-11 23:47:57

The dog is unreasonable to have browsed a Tesco shopper bag & nicked them - there was also a half bitten pineapple...

God knows what else he has rinsed & put back!

And if you read it in Chat, it must be true... wink

Vallhala Tue 04-Jan-11 00:10:03

What Dooin said.

Am PMSL at your DP's over-the-shoulder comment though.

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Tue 04-Jan-11 00:54:04

"The dog is unreasonable to have browsed a Tesco shopper bag & nicked them - there was also a half bitten pineapple..." grin

But yes he may end up poisoned from eating grapes. I would eat them actually if they had been rinsed, but I am a bit of a disgrace and give the dog food off my fork (he doesn't actually lick the fork, just takes the food off very gently, although I can see this doesn't help my case for being disgusting much blush).

zukiecat Tue 04-Jan-11 19:13:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: