Talk

Advanced search

To want to holday in the south of France with 2DC's & new baby

(13 Posts)
redshinyshoes Mon 03-Jan-11 19:39:07

I want to book a Summer holiday but DH thinks I'm being unreasonable and it will be too much with DD(6) DS1(3) and DS2(6 months). He says if we go we should fly but I wonder if it would be easier to drive?? Had anyone ventured to South of France with 3 DC'S??

redshinyshoes Mon 03-Jan-11 19:40:48

Please excuse ty[pos, am breastfeeding so doin it one handed!

Violethill Mon 03-Jan-11 19:41:03

I would have thought easier (and cheaper) to drive. You'd be wanting to hire a car when there anyway, even if you fly.

mutznutz Mon 03-Jan-11 19:43:34

Nah sod being stuck in a car for any length of time with kids that age lol. I don't really think it's fair on them. If you're choosing a holiday abroad, I think it's kinder to the kids to make the journey as quick as possible...given that most kids would settle excitedly for a bucket and spade hol in dear old Blighty grin

Fiddledee Mon 03-Jan-11 19:44:34

Definitely drive. Just getting in and out of airport takes forever. You would have a wonderful time lots of people I know do it. I am still sticking to Cornwall though smile as DS only sleeps 30mins in the car even on a 5 hour trip at night.

redshinyshoes Mon 03-Jan-11 19:46:20

is it hard driving on the other side of the road?!

Violethill Mon 03-Jan-11 19:48:32

No! It's actually surprisingly easy - you just slot into it immediately.

BTW French roads are sooooo much easier too - straight, wide roads with comparatively little traffic - their population is the same as ours, but the country is about 4 times bigger.

Violethill Mon 03-Jan-11 19:48:58

No! It's actually surprisingly easy - you just slot into it immediately.

BTW French roads are sooooo much easier too - straight, wide roads with comparatively little traffic - their population is the same as ours, but the country is about 4 times bigger.

belgo Mon 03-Jan-11 19:50:49

We did a big road trip last summer with a six year old, four year old and one year old, France and Spain. It was great, the camping sites were fab.

If anything it would have been easier travelling with a six month old who is far less mobile then a one year old who runs off everywhere.

Going by car you can take everything you need.

BlackandGold Mon 03-Jan-11 19:52:47

And we used to borrow a top box for the rest of the stuff....wink

belgo Mon 03-Jan-11 19:53:24

I recommend a plug in car fridge.

redshinyshoes Mon 03-Jan-11 19:53:40

Sounds great! Any ideas of places to stay/regions to stay in?

belgo Mon 03-Jan-11 19:54:11

We stayed near Carcasonne. Very pretty area.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: