Talk

Advanced search

to just want boring food

(21 Posts)
hohohohobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Jan-11 15:50:06

have been feeling utterly shit the past few days with the flu when last night DH cooked a yummy Spag Bol ! It was the first thing I'd felt like eating in days and by just being plain and simple and tasty was such a blessed relief after all the "party" food I seem to have eaten recently. Am I the only one longing for good, hearty, plain comfort food and am glad so see the back of all the junk?

SecretNutellaFix Mon 03-Jan-11 15:51:24

nope- I am doing meatballs and mash or baked potato with beans and cheese for tonight.

hohohohobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Jan-11 15:52:43

Bring on stews and shepherds pie! I never want to see another vol au vent or sausage roll!!

compo Mon 03-Jan-11 15:53:11

I'm having soup and a sandwich for tea tonight

borderslass Mon 03-Jan-11 15:53:35

never had any of the crap anyway i'm boring!!

altinkum Mon 03-Jan-11 15:54:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hohohohobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Jan-11 15:54:23

Or even some plain old pasta pesto

HaveAHappyNewJung Mon 03-Jan-11 15:54:39

YANBU

We are starting a new spending reduction plan, as DH is only on sick pay now. Part of that is going back to basics with food.

We used our Xmas money from my nan to buy a slow cooker.

hohohohobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Jan-11 15:55:55

oooh yum slow cooked anything!
<decides she must be getting better as the thought of food no longer makes her want to barf>

Boozilla Mon 03-Jan-11 15:56:30

I remember being like this when I was pregnant with DC1.
All I wanted was baked potatoes with cheese or beans on toast!

Sadly I'm on slightly less comforting food as am trying to shift the half stone I put on over Christmas! blush

Feel better soon!

hohohohobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Jan-11 15:58:00

mashed swede! I really fancy come mashed swede!!!

taffetacat Mon 03-Jan-11 15:58:26

Oh yes, New Year's Day we had a big spag bol with apple and blackcurrant pie for pudding

When I'm fed up of food and want simplicity, I revert to the food of my childhood - everything and anything on toast.

Baked beans on toast
Sardines on toast
Poached egg on toast

You get the gist

curlymama Mon 03-Jan-11 16:00:22

YANBU. I'm finding I'm craving fruit and veg and salady stuff at the moment.

But the dc's have been pestering me to make their own pizza, so that's what's on the menu tonight.

hohohohobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Jan-11 16:00:29

toad in the hole!
<dribbles>

hohohohobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Jan-11 16:01:51

You could have pizza with a side salad and chop up peppers, mushrooms -pepperoni- , sweetcorn for toppings

curlymama Mon 03-Jan-11 16:04:21

Peppers and sweetcorn will be there, but not mushroom or pepperoni! We are not fans, my tastes are always boring!

And I've never managed to make a perfect toad in the hole despite 4 failed attempts and people repeatedly telling me how easy it is. sad

borderslass Mon 03-Jan-11 16:05:00

I don't see these meals as boring just good old fashioned PROPER food.

TitsalinaBumSquash Mon 03-Jan-11 16:05:41

Im back to Slimming World and am living off of Poached Eggs, Jacket Spuds and steamed fish/chicken and veg.

hohohohobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Jan-11 16:05:57

Agreed Borderslass

borderslass Mon 03-Jan-11 16:07:09

We had a lovely sausage and chicken hotpot on friday with rice virtually free on SW.

taffetacat Mon 03-Jan-11 16:18:16

Titsalina - that sounds yum.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: