Talk

Advanced search

To not want to go back to the real world?

(12 Posts)
TrillianAstra Mon 03-Jan-11 13:07:41

Getting up in the morning, dealing with people.

I like my job, mostly, but I'd much rather not have to work.

Anyone want to join in moaning, or remind me of the good things that come with resuming regular life?

AMumInScotland Mon 03-Jan-11 13:10:42

I know how you feel, my job is fine but if I could have the holidays for ever I certainly would..... I can't think of any reason I'd want to work apart from getting paid. Since I have to work, I like the job I have. But if I won the lottery I'd be so outta there grin

Violethill Mon 03-Jan-11 13:11:22

If you didn't have a job, then you wouldn't get holidays and weekends... it would all blur into one... it's the fact that you do work which makes you appreciate the time off!!

The income.

The pension.

Social life.. I have my friends outside work, but tbh, a lot of our social interactions are connected to work too

If you didn't have a job, you'd probably have a great time for a couple of weeks and then be bored shitless.

There - hows that for starters??

cocoachannel Mon 03-Jan-11 13:11:39

YANBU. I am dreading tomorrow morning, which is ruining today so I'm my own worst enemy.

Stupid thing is I go on maternity leave in four weeks time so I probaby am being unreasonable!

TrillianAstra Mon 03-Jan-11 13:12:39

I suppose I'd need a lot more money in order to occupy myself if I didn't work at all.

DrNortherner Mon 03-Jan-11 13:14:22

Oh I know. Back on the hamster wheel tomorrow. Not looking forward to it.

I have enjoyed the time off, doing what I want, ds is 8 and has been sleeping in till 9am most mornings, it's been bliss.

But, got to keep the wheels of industry turning though!

ceebeegeebies Mon 03-Jan-11 13:16:58

I will join in - I do enjoy my job but life has been so much more relaxed these last couple of weeks (no rushing to get 2 young DC dressed and out of the house in the mornings for a start grin)

When I was on mat leave (twice!) I totally loved the lack of routine/alarm going off - I don't remember being bored once!! Second time round, DS1 was still going to nursery 4 days a week but I could please myself what time I got him there in the mornings so never needed to do the mad dash round!

I honestly think I could occupy myself quite easily - would just watch lots of telly/shopping though so maybe not particularly healthy wink

ninah Mon 03-Jan-11 13:17:23

yanbu I am dreading it too

TheFarSide Mon 03-Jan-11 13:21:03

I've really enjoyed slobbing around doing nothing for almost two weeks now but I'm DREADING tomorrow - there is a very bad atmosphere in our office as some of us are up for compulsory redundancy.

I'm 95% certain that I'm going to request voluntary redundancy, so I'm looking forward to my new life - a bit of money in my pocket and some no-strings temping for a while.

Just need to get through tomorrow and the next few weeks before I can taste freedom ...

compo Mon 03-Jan-11 13:24:14

I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine though and dh and dcs going to work/ school and me going back to work for a rest grin

amigababy Mon 03-Jan-11 13:25:10

totally YANBU. Back tomorrow - only part time, but I so wish I could stay off longer. To make it worse I have 2 part time jobs so come Thursday I repeat the "back to work first day" espisode again.

Aiming to retire in 4 years and live abroad - continually talk about how it will be, what we will do to occupy ourselves. In theory it is living the dream but not sure about the reality - I like to think we could be Tom and Barbara Good and live happily on 2 lentils and a bag of nettles (and the internet for mumsnet of course)plus long walks and language lessons (free on the internet)

Anyway have some work to do that I brought home and have ignored for 11 days. Only half a day left to do it in and still playing on MN. must stop and go!

DancingThroughLife Mon 03-Jan-11 13:32:38

YANBU.

To make it worse, tomorrow's my first day back after maternity leave. Am dreading it.

I love being able to get out in the fresh air every day, spend time outside in daylight, keep on top of the household shite, MN, take my time over food shopping - I can go to the market and pick the best stuff, rather than just grab pre-packaged supermarket veg. And spending time with the baby obviously blush

But I suppose the routine will be good and it will make me appreciate my time at home more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now