Talk

Advanced search

to be offering 5p for every log that is brought into the house from the logpile?

(25 Posts)
TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:19:16

we mentioned this to dd2 yeaterday and she has earnt herself £1.45 so far

Bloodymary Sun 02-Jan-11 09:20:28

YANBU what a great idea!!!

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:21:42

smile

ahh but does it matter how old the child is?

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Sun 02-Jan-11 09:24:07

nope makes sod all difference how old the child is - if they're big/strong enough to carry a log into the house that's all that matters smile

fabulous idea.

Bloodymary Sun 02-Jan-11 09:25:04

Dont think so, my little girl used to held carrying logs in when she was 2.
Luckily she had no concept of money blush

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:25:25

lol cool she is 5 and she is dragging the wcker log basket out, putting 6 or 7 in and draggin it back in

she sisn't start till about an hour before dark last night and made herself £1.10 and then did 7 more this morning

Bloodymary Sun 02-Jan-11 09:25:38

I meant HELP

seeker Sun 02-Jan-11 09:26:18

So long as said child has other jobs that aren't paid for then that's fine. But make sure the contract is clear!

WowOoo Sun 02-Jan-11 09:26:44

When she gets stronger you can change it to taking the bins out at the same rate!
Fab idea.

I do cash bribes/ bribes all the time. Very glad ds1 does not really realise how little he has earnt so far!

Just the fact they are doing something useful is great.

Age not so important.

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:27:06

lol bloody

they do help without the money insentive at other times but we really need to shift alot of it inside as its not under cover

my 10 year old was not impressed and the moeny didn't prove as enough incentive

gecko has also made herself 70p

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Sun 02-Jan-11 09:27:48

oh 5 is fine.

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:27:57

oh they have to do lots of things for no reward, they know that we all live here so we all help

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:28:09

gecko is 3..

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Sun 02-Jan-11 09:28:38

lol @ seeker making sure the contract is clear.

Oh yes - you don't want her thinking that she gets 5p for other stuff as well grin

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:28:49

wow my first AIBU and I've got to thirteen posts without being flamed......still waiting grin

Bogeyface Sun 02-Jan-11 09:29:25

Well I would lower your prices, as otherwise she will be on more a week than you!

But I dont pay for household chores done, imo they should all pitch in and help and I am teaching them that there is no such thing as the housework fairy!

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Sun 02-Jan-11 09:29:44

3 is fine too - DS3 is 3 and he knows money goes in my wallet, and money buys things from the shop. So if I told him that he would get 5p for doing X he'd do it I'm sure grin

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Sun 02-Jan-11 09:30:34

ahh but Bogey - sounds like this is a "one off" job - a log pile that needs moving inside the house - so once it's finished it's finished.

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:31:53

its only for the duration of the huge pile of logs that are getting wet outside and they know this

dd2 also has decided that she is saving her 'log money' for a piggy bank and then she will save up

gecko on the other hand has decided she doesn't need to do anymore logs as she has enough for a kinder egg grin

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:34:16

oh they know ther is no housework fairy
they wash up, fill and empty the dishwasher, scrape their plates, tidy away their toys at night, make hteir beds, hoover, seweep the floors etc etc as and when I ask

also take rubbish out and build the fire and get logs (when they are in the log buxckets outside

all this is without any question of payment at all

its just what needs doing

they understand this is a fun treat for helping with a one off job

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Sun 02-Jan-11 09:36:44

hmmm. once the tree is down and I've hoovered I might offer dd a penny for every pine needle she finds in the house. would stop me finding them for the rest of the year!

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Sun 02-Jan-11 09:40:05

lol kitten, you may be alot out of pocket though, they get everywhere and seem to mate

Bogeyface Sun 02-Jan-11 09:46:38

Ah my mistake, I thought that this was a daily job, bringing in logs for the fire as you need them.

I am not above bribery and corruption to get a job done that I dont want to do! Have you counted the logs and made sure you can afford to pay her final invoice, oh and check that the same logs arent being brought in and out again to boost the final numbers as thats what my sneaky lot would try

Chil1234 Sun 02-Jan-11 09:53:24

I once offered my DS 50p for doing some grubby job that I didn't fancy. He looked at me witheringly and said 'I don't need 50p that much'. I should add that he's pretty helpful (for free) most of the time.

Marjoriew Sun 02-Jan-11 10:12:52

When mine went on school residential trips in Primary school, they used to charge 50p a time to put on the other kids' duvet covers and pillowcases/make beds etc.
They were loaded when they came home.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: