Talk

Advanced search

In future to wait until Hecate posts and then post...

(29 Posts)
ChaoticAngel Wed 29-Dec-10 14:32:40

'I agree with Hec' grin

Lately I've found myself going onto threads and finding that each time Hecate posts that I agree with her.

On more serious threads I find that she's posted well thought out answers that I agree with. On more light hearted threads I find myself laughing at her replies, the hangman post on the snooping bil thread was pure brilliance grin

So, when I'm in a lazy mood, would IBU just to wait for her to post then simply post the above wink

compo Wed 29-Dec-10 14:33:52

Get a room will you grin

HappyHECmanay Wed 29-Dec-10 14:34:17

hahahahahahahahahaha

your cheque's in the post...

grin

loopylou6 Wed 29-Dec-10 14:36:26

I think the end of your nose is looking brown... I shall get you a spoon so you can eat her arse a bit more. Napkin anyone? wink

ShowOfHands Wed 29-Dec-10 14:38:34

Generally I'd scream CCCLLIIIQQQUUUEEE but really I'm thinking of changing my name to 'whatHECsaid' or 'whatTIYsaid'. They're always right and/or funny and/or somehow leeching my very thoughts but expressing them more lucidly.

Lulumaam Wed 29-Dec-10 14:38:42

I agree actually. I really think Hec posts really fabulous, well thought out, erudite advice.

People are v quick to condemn lots of things about MN, but you get posters like Hec who are consistently helpful, kind and giving, and it reminds you why MN is not like other fora/ums

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Wed 29-Dec-10 14:41:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HappyHECmanay Wed 29-Dec-10 14:41:21

shush.

I like it.

It tickles.

grin

I am a bit shit though, you know. In reality.

I am crap in rl. Never know what to say, put my foot in it, got no mates (I offend people blush)

I would be so happy if all my communicating could be done in writing. grin

I once got gum on my skirt and sat on the edge of the freezer instead of realising I could just take off my skirt!

I sucked a cup onto my chin and left myself with a massive bruise.

I've burned off my eyebrows in a lighter fuel incident.

My mother is a lunatic that I am a little bit scared of.

My marriage is bordering on the farcical grin

And atm I fart with every step I take and every time I bend over (all the stuffing I've had this week) hmm

SerendipitousHarlot Wed 29-Dec-10 14:41:25

I love Hecate too. And I don't even want a gift grin

ShowOfHands Wed 29-Dec-10 14:41:52

Lulu, are you reading Hec's posts or your own? You do know you're in that category too don't you? Haven't seen you on here for a while actually. Have seen you looking like a skinny biatch on fb though!

HappyHECmanay Wed 29-Dec-10 14:42:12

erm, that's paxo sage and onion.

ChaoticAngel Wed 29-Dec-10 14:42:29

gringringrin

Exactly SOH, it saves me having to think right now. I can reserve the brain power for the two essays and the two exams I have to write/do.

Hec, I'll look out for it wink

lol at Compo and loopy grin

RCToday Wed 29-Dec-10 14:42:44

I agree with you, I actually started a thread like this about 2 years ago grin

I heart Hec smile

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Wed 29-Dec-10 14:44:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BelleDameSansMerci Wed 29-Dec-10 14:46:25

Between Hec, AF, WWIFN and tsc pretty much everything I want to say is already said. Doesn't stop me sticking my oar in though grin

ChaoticAngel Wed 29-Dec-10 14:46:28

Oh, god, Hec, your second post reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when I answered a phone call from my mum. I thought she sounded quiet and mentioned it, she said she thought I sounded quiet too.

It was only when I went to click the button on the phone to end the call that I realised I had the phone upside down blush

BelleDameSansMerci Wed 29-Dec-10 14:47:09

I've just had an awful thought though - what if two of them disagree on a thread??!! My head would probably explode.

EdgarAleNPie Wed 29-Dec-10 14:47:16

YABU. then people would think others only agreed because twas her, rather than bcause she's right.

and if she had day off, MN would grind to a halt.

HappyHECmanay Wed 29-Dec-10 14:49:13

blush I am here rather a lot, I know.

Enjoy it while I can, I say! It is my new year's resolution to give up mumsnet.

- and I'm not just saying that now, check nyr threads, I've already said it grin

nickelbabyjesus Wed 29-Dec-10 14:51:41

i keep doing it too - last week, there were quite a lot where I agreed exactly with what she said!

(nice namechange, hec! grin )

nickelbabyjesus Wed 29-Dec-10 14:53:50

DH could it too, after your farting post - he spent the whole of yesterday farting.

and he still finds it funny.

ChaoticAngel Wed 29-Dec-10 14:59:07

Edgar I should have made it clear I'd only post it if I did agree. I managed to post something on the dn/wedding thread before Hec (boy that was hard work having to use my brain wink) but it would cut down on the hard work of having to think of how to word something if I waited and just used the above grin

Lulumaam Wed 29-Dec-10 14:59:39

thanks SoH, not been on as much as usual, just been busy , getting skinny wink

hec, you must not leave. I won't allow it.

EdgarAleNPie Wed 29-Dec-10 15:03:01

ah...but those different phrasings of the same thing are sometimes useful...

you don't read the same post twice as Heraclitus almost said.

StayingFatherChristmasGirl Wed 29-Dec-10 15:04:52

Can I just say how happy I am to hear that Hec has had plenty of stuffing recently. I do worry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: