Talk

Advanced search

To think I have swine flu?

(11 Posts)
SarahStrattonsBaubles Tue 28-Dec-10 23:00:11

Feel ill <wails>

You could fry an egg on me, feel sicky, got headache and cough and it feels like a brick wall fell on me.

igetmorelovefromthecat Tue 28-Dec-10 23:05:16

There's a lot of nasty flu bugs going round atm so not necessarily. I spoke to NHS direct last week when dd1 had flu and they said we could rule out swine flu as she had no diarrhoea or vomiting.

Get well soon.

MemooMerrilyOnHigh Tue 28-Dec-10 23:06:51

and yet you're well enough to mumsnet? Manflu me thinks wink

Sarsaparilllla Tue 28-Dec-10 23:07:02

No, I don't think you have swine flu, if you did I think the last thing you'd want to do, or be able to do is be online

Get some rest, you've got a bad bug, get well soon

FunnysInTheGarden Tue 28-Dec-10 23:08:53

aye, if you had swineflu you wouldn't be MNetting

LovePinkBitsOfMyHorse Tue 28-Dec-10 23:09:23

that's unfair, was practically at stage of multiple organ failure as complication of serious virus myself earlier but could just about operate an iPad

winnybella Tue 28-Dec-10 23:09:24

Isn't it true, though, that quite a lot of people don't have it so bad? Ie you can have SF an still be semi-functional.

GiddyPickle Tue 28-Dec-10 23:09:41

It doesn't really make any odds as such because there are 3 strains of flu doing the rounds and swine flu is one of those. YANBU to think you have flu though. In our area we have been told, if we have flu its most likely to be swine flu and stomach symptoms have no bearing on it - it just happens to be the most common strain in circulation here. Some people have the d&v with it, some don't.

Its is treated the same whatever strain it is (ie rest and fluids and food if you can stand it and keeping an eye out for secondary infections like chest infections and seeking emergency help if you have breathing problems - again that is the same for any strain of flu though)

Basically it doesn't really matter what strain you have, you need to treat it at home but get help for any worsening symptoms. I hope you feel better soon.

GiddyPickle Tue 28-Dec-10 23:12:11

I was Mumsnetting (under another name) last year about 35 minutes before collapsing and being rushed to hospital for emergency care. I was kept in and was very poorly. Ability or inability to MN has no correlation to how ill you feel!!

SarahStrattonsBaubles Tue 28-Dec-10 23:18:09

Meemoo I'm in bed on my iphone. I feel crap but I can't sleep because I hurt too much, I just can't get comfortable to doze off so I'm trying to take my mind off it.

Been sick, not got the squits.

CheekyWeeBauble Tue 28-Dec-10 23:23:15

Oooh Sarah you have my sympathy. I'm on Day 7 of some sort of flu. I have been banjaxed, today's the first time I've been out for a week. Had all your symptoms, plus d but not v, but no appetite. Tis horrible. Have been living on cold and flu remdies and using Ventolin loads. Get well soon. MN has kept me sane this week when I've not been able to do much else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now