Talk

Advanced search

to drain the water tanks

(10 Posts)
canyou Tue 28-Dec-10 15:25:26

by having a shower.
Major water restrictions in place around here for the last 5 days, [not enough to flush the loo shock
I have been really good, no washing done, disposable where possible any water used for cleaning, washing etc has been saved and used in the toilet, no dripping taps and the one burst pipe fixed within 30 min.
I want a shower, wash my hair etc, I snuck up to the attic and filled both tanks this morning and now that the downstairs hot water tank is full I have refilled the attic one. Everybody is out plse plse plse say I should have a shower plse <baby wipes don't work for me> <I made our local council workmen and the firemen tea and cakes >

canyou Tue 28-Dec-10 15:26:45

looks longingly at the towels

TrinityMotherOfRhinos Tue 28-Dec-10 15:30:38

why do you have water restrictions?

canyou Tue 28-Dec-10 15:32:42

Burst water mains and low reservoir levels, until all the snow melts and we get flooded hmm

southeastastra Tue 28-Dec-10 15:35:09

have one surely you must honk by now wink

HappyHECmanay Tue 28-Dec-10 15:37:52

Do it. Have a very quick one.

SantaMousePink Tue 28-Dec-10 15:42:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FakePlasticTrees Tue 28-Dec-10 15:44:31

surely everyone else near you must be having sneeky showers/baths too. Like when we have hosepipe bans and everyone just uses the hosepipe at 2am....

canyou Tue 28-Dec-10 15:48:24

ok have had my shower and feel great so fresh and clean grin and can hear the tank filling so water must be flowing in the area again.
Hope I can have another one tonight
I missed my shower so much how did people manage years ago?

canyou Tue 28-Dec-10 15:53:14

Maybe Fake but we had water actually switched off for hrs at a time by the council or so restricted that our tanks were not filling.
Now to put 6 black bags of washing into the car to take to laundry tomorrow even if water comes back I want them washed dried and folded with no effort from me --£30-- well spent

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: