Talk

Advanced search

Feeling ill all the time!

(15 Posts)
mommmmyof2 Tue 28-Dec-10 11:21:46

I was really ill a few weeks ago, i was in bed for a week, then i had a bit of a cold.Now i have had this horrible cold/flu type illness since sunday and i can barely swollow and to top it off both my children have colds but my ds has had it for ages now.
I am getting so fed up with being ill all the time and having no control over it

MorticiaAddams Tue 28-Dec-10 12:38:25

YABU. A few weeks is hardly being ill all the time. Lots of people are sick at the moment.

I would suggest if you are looking for sympathy then AIBU is not the right place. wink

chaya5738 Tue 28-Dec-10 12:45:35

Not sure why you posted here but I feel bad for you. I am in the same position - had damn rotovirus early December and now have flu. Awful.

I hope you can get some rest. So hard to do with child.

mommmmyof2 Tue 28-Dec-10 14:18:29

I no there are people alot worse than me, no one has to remind me of that as my nan is currently fighting for her life.I guess i am just fed up of feeling so weak and feeling so useless, especially when people count on me.
And i not sure why i posted here it was the first place i was grin
But not looking for sympathy at all just it was somewhere to let it out a bit!

Jellykat Tue 28-Dec-10 14:28:10

Mommmmy- yes, once it starts really dragging you down mentally, it's hard work just functioning.

May i suggest extra Vit C, and B, give your immune system a boost..

I hope your nan gets better soon x

FabbyChic Tue 28-Dec-10 14:28:55

Take vitamins, eat sensibly.

My eldest always has a cold, sniffs.

Im never ill, just luck I guess.

Hope you feel better soon.

mommmmyof2 Tue 28-Dec-10 14:46:33

Thank you Jellykat and Fabbychic i will give anything a go and i will take more vitamins. It does take it out of you but i will keep going.I do feel selfish talking about my own illnesses sometimes but i just had moment of weakness and felt sorry for myself. Thanks again though

togarama Tue 28-Dec-10 15:00:08

It's a bugger isn't it? YANBU - there's nothing wrong with venting

I've been ill in bed for nearly two weeks with flu & bronchitis. I know there's plenty of sicker people in the world and am glad it hasn't turned into pneumonia. But it's still not an ideal way to spend time off work over xmas. I've had more sick leave this month than in the previous ten years...

GabbyLoggon Tue 28-Dec-10 15:11:43

Have all the tests you can get if it persists. We both had a nasty do which took us 2 months to shakeoff

twopeople Tue 28-Dec-10 17:16:10

Message withdrawn

mommmmyof2 Tue 28-Dec-10 22:51:49

zinc? where do you get that from? I am willing to try anything as i have been ill on and off now for a few months, i do tend to pick up everything and anything. My husband hardly ever gets ill, must be something i am doing.New year so maybe some new habits, vitamins and eating better, i can only try grin

Jellykat Tue 28-Dec-10 23:22:23

You can get effervescent Vit C (1000mg) tablets with zinc at Boots/Tescos.Try to get the ones without Aspartame in though.

It's also important to drink enough water too!(as the GPs always say "make sure you drink plenty of fluids"smile)..That's my new years resolution! Hee Hee.

Hope it all works!

twopeople Wed 29-Dec-10 09:07:53

Message withdrawn

atyourservice Wed 29-Dec-10 10:29:59

I was ill with a cold which became a sinus infection which became a chest infection for 8 weeks and it really, really got me down in the end. I am still coughing a bit and I have a really painful rib from having a hacking cough for so long this and I went through the same earlier in the year and had glandular fever last year so I started to take it personally! I think chronic (now) low level sleep deprivation is the cause in my case-that and never really getting the chance to just rest. Anyway I am glad you are venting because it give me the chance to vent too! You are not alone, hope you feel better soon.

GMajor7SwansASwimming Wed 29-Dec-10 10:39:23

Totally sympathise. I've had 4 nasty 3-4 week long viruses since September. Doctor bsically told me to f-off. Depressing stuff. Get well soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now