Talk

Advanced search

to expect dh not to tell me off for coughing when I've got a cough and cold?

(14 Posts)
overfullstockings Mon 27-Dec-10 22:09:34

It's not the first time either. He says I cough too much. FFS I've got a cough. That's what happens. I'm not even coughing that much or loudly and certainly not putting it on or hamming it up. AIBU?? Doesn't seem very sympathetic.

SheWillBeLoved Mon 27-Dec-10 22:14:11

I used to do this with my ex. He had a constant cough, but was never actually sick confused yet every few minutes he'd do this horribly loud, screechy, piercing cough without covering his gob. Drove me farking mad. Although if he was ill, I would reserve my death stares wink

Tell DH he moans too much.

overfullstockings Mon 27-Dec-10 22:15:40

oh no maybe we are doomed shewill!! Maybe it's what happens when someone doesn't love their partner anymore?!

Bogeyface Mon 27-Dec-10 22:16:37

In theory, no he shouldnt be doing that. It doesnt help and its not like you can help it!

That said, according to DH, the last time he had a cough I woke up in the middle of the night, leaned over in a very menacing way and hissed "shut the FUCK up!" at him! I have no memory of this so I think he made it up wink

HappyHECmanay Mon 27-Dec-10 22:17:56

"I would love to stop coughing darling. How do you suggest I go about that?"

I would love to hear his tips.

overfullstockings Mon 27-Dec-10 22:21:09

Well he did say I could take some cough medicine to be fair but I'm not actually coughing much and don't want to take it on top of cold medicine I've already had.

chitchatinsantasear Mon 27-Dec-10 22:23:31

Well if you're coughing something up then cough medicine won't stop thev cough because 'chesty' cough medicine just loosens the guck. So he's being a bit daft with that suggestion.

HappyHECmanay Mon 27-Dec-10 22:25:56

If you're coughing stuff up then trying to stop that is the worst thing you could do. That stuff needs to come up off your chest.

LifeIsButtercream Tue 28-Dec-10 09:29:18

Punch him in the knackers, then complain about him moaning

[short-fused and snotty smiley]

purepurple Tue 28-Dec-10 09:35:37

Dh does this too. Complains that when I get a cough he doesn't get any sleep. Poor thing.
Now, at the first sign of a cough from me he goes and buys cough medicine for me. How thoughtful hmm

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Tue 28-Dec-10 10:15:12

Whilst staying at my parents for the last three nights dh complained about mycough on night one, I said fine I'll go into the other room and sleep there. What he doesn't know is the other room, a single bed is so comfy whilst the bed he is in us horrible and hard grin

piprabbit Tue 28-Dec-10 10:21:16

My DH does this too angry.
During the day he puts up a hand and tells me to stop making that noise.
During the night he makes disapproving noises in the dark.

I pack him off to the spare room asap when I'm ill - and I luxuriate in the comfort of my huge comfy bed.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Tue 28-Dec-10 10:25:11

Whilst staying at my parents for the last three nights dh complained about mycough on night one, I said fine I'll go into the other room and sleep there. What he doesn't know is the other room, a single bed is so comfy whilst the bed he is in us horrible and hard grin

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Tue 28-Dec-10 10:25:28

Opps

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: