Talk

Advanced search

to not make any New Years Resolutions this year

(8 Posts)
NotEnoughTime Mon 27-Dec-10 18:23:36

as they seem to be the same as the ones that I made last year (and managed to keep for all of five minutes grin)and the year before that and the year before that?

(Just in case anyone is wondering they are normally along the lines of losing weight, giving up alcohol, being more organised, being a better wife and mother etc etc etc)

color Mon 27-Dec-10 18:31:48

I decided the same thing years ago - hasn't made my life any better or any worse. I guess though that secretly in my head those types of promises to myself are still made at the start of the year, at the start of many Monday's at the start of new school term.... etc etc!

mummyosaurus Mon 27-Dec-10 18:32:34

I was very tempted to do as you suggest, for the same reasons.

This year I am making only one resolution and I'm going to try and keep it. That is to declutter this house and keep it decluttered.

NotEnoughTime Mon 27-Dec-10 18:48:36

Well if you manage that mummyosaurus then that will be one more than me!

SalvadorDalek Mon 27-Dec-10 19:43:42

I made a resolution many years ago not to make any more new years resolutions and I am still sticking to it

NewYearNewKnickersOnMyHead Mon 27-Dec-10 19:45:19

YANBU. Stupid to make resolutions just because it is new year.

swanandduck Mon 27-Dec-10 19:53:32

YANBU. January is hard enough without trying to lose 10lbs, give up wine with dinner or learn conversational French. To be honest, I tend to think of Sept as the start of the new year (relic of school days) and am much more motivated to do something new with my life after a nice summer break.

MorticiaAddams Mon 27-Dec-10 20:40:30

Make resolutions to gain weight and drink more alcohol and think of what good results you'll get when you fail.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: