Talk

Advanced search

have had enough and gone back to bed

(5 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sat 25-Dec-10 10:56:05

They can sort fucking dinner out. Was doing the veg and dd hit the dog. Dog screamed, ran into the table and screamed again. Dd is nine and terrorises the dog for no reason. Am at my witd. End. It'll bite her one day. So i start yelling at dd and dh who saw everything yells at me for yelling at her. Merry fucking xmas.

DrSeuss Sat 25-Dec-10 11:26:33

My sympathies. In-laws are too stupid to read an amazon list so have bought me random tat. I spent hours and a small fortune choosing their presents and have no idea why I bother!

nappyaddict Sat 25-Dec-10 11:32:17

If children are naughty on Christmas Day then they should be disciplined. In an ideal world they wouldn't be but I don't see why just because it's Christmas they can get away with being naughty. Behaviour due to being overexcited, overwhelmed or overtired is different of course and slight allowances should be made for that.

jugglingjo Sat 25-Dec-10 13:02:07

You were cross with your daughter because she hit the dog. So far, fairly straight-forward.

Then it gets more complicated because your DH is cross with you, for being cross with DD.

Explain to DH that you were cross with her( DD ) because she hit the dog.

Of course it's unfortunate to be cross on Christmas day, but it's also unfortunate for the poor dog to be hit by DD.

Comes down to children and families need boundaries every day. No-one gets a day off from parenting because it's Christmas !

Good luck with the rest of your day. I hope things settle down for you all smile

Goblinchild Sat 25-Dec-10 13:06:14

Let's make a loop.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/11114 74-have-had-enough-and-gone-back-to-bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now