Talk

Advanced search

to be PO'd with my parents

(7 Posts)
showmewine Fri 24-Dec-10 23:32:11

that i am not seeing them at all over Christmas.....which is the same thing that happened last year.

Its my Dad's birthday today and they cancelled seeing us as my mum couldn't face the journey (55 miles)

I am disappointed i am trying to be grown up about this and not be bitter but that means they won't see my DS who is two at all over christmas. I am more upset for him than for me :-(

LadyThumb Fri 24-Dec-10 23:39:02

That is such a shame for you all. Is the weather bad near you? I know it is like sheet ice trying to get into our village!

showmewine Fri 24-Dec-10 23:42:04

No the weather isn't bad here at all and the roads are clear
I feel its a lame-o excuse
Of course they were happy to see my sister who lives 7 miles away
GRRRRRR

oh well another year over and all that....
its helping reading this as i am learning that christmas with kiddies can be STRESSFUL

Pancakeflipper Fri 24-Dec-10 23:43:43

Is it the weather? Is it anxiety with your mother? She thinks she can when you talk about it in Nov but panics just before?

Can you not get to them?

showmewine Fri 24-Dec-10 23:46:33

We haven't been to their house in over a year......

I am starting to think that my mother has MH problems i.e. OCD and anxiety. She refuses to come down to see us yet won't have us at their house its all very strange and its starting to get to me

maybe i should be posting on the MH thread. Aren't you are supposed to sit around with family talking about christmas past and all that and i am sitting on my own with DS asleep

its all a bit sad and unfathomable :-( DH is at church

Pancakeflipper Fri 24-Dec-10 23:51:07

Look - for this Christmas just focus on your DH and your little one. Have fun. Enjoy the lack of stress at entertaining family members. Go out for a walk if nice, laze around etc... Enjoy it. Then after New Year look to whether anxiety is overtaking your mother's behaviour. It will wait.

Have fun tomorrow. Enjoy your family.

showmewine Fri 24-Dec-10 23:54:27

Thanks pancake flipper!! I am reasonably happy about things hmmmmmmm just burning up a bit inside

Merry Christmas to you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: