Talk

Advanced search

to be intending to spend Xmas eve on MN?

(24 Posts)
SerendipitousHarlot Fri 24-Dec-10 12:27:57

Cos I'm gonna smile

Have had bf staying all week which has been lovely, but he's got under my feet, and I've been missing the comforting warmth of my laptop on my knees. So once I'm finally allowed to leave work, have done some last minute cleaning and all that crap, and going to sit and piss about online for a few hours.

Anyone with me? grin

sarah293 Fri 24-Dec-10 12:34:05

Message withdrawn

SalvadorDalek Fri 24-Dec-10 12:38:47

how dull.
I will be login off soon and not back untill after boxing day

TattyDevine Fri 24-Dec-10 12:47:27

I have got flu. Im holed up in my "bedroom" at the in-laws, and having slept 15 hours I'm now awake and will probably be mumsnetting and snoozing until this evening when I might venture upstairs afer a quick shower.

My children have dissapeared into various rooms with various cousins doing god knows what.

If this bed linen wasnt 100% polyester I might actually be enjoying myself grin

stnikkilarse1978 Fri 24-Dec-10 12:49:53

Nah I am feeling all festive today so am about to watch Miracle on 34th Street with the kiddies Plus a pizza of course ;)

smallwhitecat Fri 24-Dec-10 12:51:29

Message withdrawn

SerendipitousHarlot Fri 24-Dec-10 12:52:58

Well how exciting for you Salvador! Is it really considered 'dull' to sit on here instead of watching telly of an evening? smile

Riven, alone until Boxing Day? Awww. Shall we do something outrageous?

Sorry you're ill Tatty sad

SalvadorDalek Fri 24-Dec-10 12:53:41

stnikkilarse1978
I am having pizza fot tea too with a bottle of bubbly after getting back from the evening service at Church

SerendipitousHarlot Fri 24-Dec-10 12:54:28

I've never seen that, stnikkilarse. I'm fed up being at work, but I think they might let us home early.....

smallwhitecat, can you not adorn a snack or two with saliva or somesuch? wink

chrimblycompo Fri 24-Dec-10 12:54:33

I made everyone dinner and cleaned up
now dh is entertaining kids and I have some mn time by the fire , not dull at all ta grin we get through the festive season our own way - mn better than hitting gin , he he

SalvadorDalek Fri 24-Dec-10 12:56:00

SerendipitousHarlot
I wont be watching telly and Mn is not the most exciting thing to do on an evening

SerendipitousHarlot Fri 24-Dec-10 12:59:40

I wasn't really looking for excitement, Salvador. More along the lines of relaxation, since I will have been at work all week smile

sarah293 Fri 24-Dec-10 14:27:57

Message withdrawn

smallwhitecat Fri 24-Dec-10 14:33:33

Message withdrawn

nickeldonkeybethlehemsinsight Fri 24-Dec-10 14:35:54

And you're poorly too, Riven? sad

At least you get to getwellsoon in peace and quiet.

Get your boys to wait on you hand and foot (i'm WoW has a pause feature) wink

TattyDevine Fri 24-Dec-10 14:45:22

Have just woken up from a nap <<peels polyester pillowcase from feverish cheek>> and I can hear various antics taking place upstairs. Have texted DH who is upstairs to get the goss and he came home from the shops to find they had dressed infant daughter up in a fairy outfit and have taken photos of their "Christmas Fairy" (she is the first girl born into the family for about 14 years)

Can hear her cooing and chortling away up there

I am effectively redundant!

<<finds it liberating that nobody is actually indispensible>>

onimolap Fri 24-Dec-10 14:49:02

I'm playing with DH's iPhone whilst he drives. We're probably on the road for the next 2hours. Thank heavens for portable DVD players, as the only noise out of the DCs is the occasional snigger.

christmasheave Fri 24-Dec-10 14:50:31

I took both DCs to ASDA on xmas eve with nothing but my wits and a pushchair.

This has earned me the right to sit on Mumsnet until I decide that DH has had enough of the DCs grin

MedusaIsHavingABadHairDay Fri 24-Dec-10 15:00:35

I've changes the beds that the parents are sleeping in, turfed my teens out of said rooms (all have to share tonight!!) and currently have eldest daughter scrubbing the kitchen floor cinderella style grin
To be fair, she offered as I'm fluey and have had to do the rest of the house as DH has been away with work for 3 days...

Having remembered to defrost the bloody turkey in good time this year I can now relax until I take DS1 to work....

molemesses Fri 24-Dec-10 15:03:04

Me!!

See you in a few hours and I will be slowly warming myself up via lots of alcohol.

SerendipitousHarlot Fri 24-Dec-10 15:03:32

How lovely. As shall I.... eventually grin

BeenBeta Fri 24-Dec-10 15:09:35

Might have an early evening session but then after DSs are in bed it a marathon of present wrapping for me.

SerendipitousHarlot Fri 24-Dec-10 15:14:39

Aha! For once, I finished the wrapping a few days ago. However, I do have a veritable mountain of chores to do when I get home, and I still haven't bought the veg for tomorrow...... might be a tin of peas yet wink

molemesses Fri 24-Dec-10 19:38:43

Right!

I'm here, DD still up but I'm working on that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: