Talk

Advanced search

To Be A Bit Miffed With Friend Over This

(29 Posts)
zukiecat Thu 23-Dec-10 20:13:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnnOnimous Thu 23-Dec-10 20:15:25

you have every right to be miffed, she sounds thoughtless.

bupcakesandcunting Thu 23-Dec-10 20:19:19

Oh tell her to swivel. You don't need such draining people in your life.

CrazyChristmasLady Thu 23-Dec-10 20:33:17

YANBU.

You should have said you were too busy and you also should have said the bus driver you spoke to had no problems with the buses. Pull her up on it and watch her squirm. She is a user.

chillichill Thu 23-Dec-10 20:36:49

YANBU- should have told her you couldn't get a bus to surgery or boots

echt Thu 23-Dec-10 20:38:19

Your "friend" is thoughtless and crass.

I hope your hospital appointment went well.

coodles Thu 23-Dec-10 21:05:17

She was prepared to let you down without a good reason - in fact it sounded like she lied to you.

Not nice at any time, but especially bad when you clearly needed some support.

You can't rely on her - do you want people like her in your life?

zukiecat Thu 23-Dec-10 21:38:03

TheMonster Thu 23-Dec-10 21:39:25

Sounds like you could do without her. She doesn't deserve you.

MumBarTheDoorSantaUsesChimneys Thu 23-Dec-10 21:55:43

YANBU, I take it your friend knows you've been diagnosed with arthritis? And she still wants to to walk extra in freezing temperatures as she can't be bothered.

Insensitive if you ask me.

MumBarTheDoorSantaUsesChimneys Thu 23-Dec-10 21:56:06

you to rather

zukiecat Thu 23-Dec-10 22:02:37

MumNWLondon Thu 23-Dec-10 22:11:29

You should have just said, sorry don't have time for the detour of getting prescription.

MsKLo Thu 23-Dec-10 22:25:57

Why are you friends with someone like that! She does not respect you! Dump her!

SantasENormaSnob Thu 23-Dec-10 22:26:08

This person isn't your friend IMO

MorticiaAddams Thu 23-Dec-10 22:27:06

Stop running around for her and see how long she lasts as a "friend".

Heifer Thu 23-Dec-10 22:54:48

tell her to jog on...

FabbyChic Thu 23-Dec-10 23:00:26

She is selfish, she did not come with you because she could not be bothered, one day you might not be bothered either and I think you be doing yourself a favour.

zukiecat Fri 24-Dec-10 09:56:05

mommmmyof2 Fri 24-Dec-10 10:03:28

I would have just been firm and honest with her, tell her that is how you feel and you are not going to keep doing it.
If she wants you as a friend then she will except what you are saying and make more of an effort, and if she doesn't then she clearly is not worth it!
But least you are giving her a chance to change, and you will no by her reaction what sort of a friend she really is wink

zukiecat Fri 24-Dec-10 10:08:52

BoffinMum Fri 24-Dec-10 10:17:01

Deliberately get the wrong CD, drop the prescription off but tell her they didn't have the stuff there so have to order it in and she'll have to pop back later for it, and then think up a really bizarre favour to ask her as a friendship test. Then ditch her. wink

mommmmyof2 Fri 24-Dec-10 11:11:12

If you already no then i guesse there nothing left to do, sometimes friendships don't last and like any relationship it is give and take.She obviously don't know how to give, i had alot of friends over the years do the same to me.You be better off without her, sad but true.

zukiecat Fri 24-Dec-10 11:45:18

ladydeedy Fri 24-Dec-10 11:50:19

Mommmy is absolutely right. Sometimes you have to stop and evaluate if the relationship is working. It obviously isnt in this case - she is using you and it's all one way.
Give yourself the satisfaction of letting her know your thoughts (by email if that is easier for you) and see. I did the same to a "friend" of mine who had been treating me the same way, expecting me to run around after her all the time. I got a horrible response in return, and then she never contacted me again. I am so so relieved to have that person out of my life. Be kind to yourself and do the same. You dont need her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now