Talk

Advanced search

or paranoid or was I being talked about?

(14 Posts)
tomhardyismydh Thu 23-Dec-10 19:12:59

have just returned from a family meal and feeling a little deflated.

I took dd to the toilet and on my return to table my sis who had her back to me was talking but couldnt hear what she was saying, my nephew who is 10 clearly said my dds name my sisinlaw then clearly said ssshsh now she is here anyway, my sis then stopped talking and my nephew totaly gave it away by looking at me as i was sitting down.

there was a deathly silence and i felt totaly awkward.

now I dont know weather to raise this with my sis and ask what was being said or just let it go.

there is history of tension but this seemed to all be resolved a couple months ago with an appologie between me and sis for being a little off with each other and a build up of pissing each other off that just got aout of hand as we never actualy talked about the problem.

i just dont want things to get like this again but dont want to just roll over and be talked about behind my back infront of my neices and nephews.

bruxeur Thu 23-Dec-10 19:13:33

Both.

BitOfFun Thu 23-Dec-10 19:14:09

It could have been about Christmas presents or anything though- why assume it was a bad thing?

FabbyChic Thu 23-Dec-10 19:14:43

Maybe she was talking about something she had got you or your daughter for christmas.

Supersunnyday Thu 23-Dec-10 19:15:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Thu 23-Dec-10 19:15:54

i couldn't have sat through that, i would have had to say "where you talking about me?" in a sort of laughy way and you will have known by their reponses whether it was nasty or nice (present secrets)

TheMonster Thu 23-Dec-10 19:17:04

I would have said something at the time too. I can completely understand why you feel paranoid.

claig Thu 23-Dec-10 19:18:12

I would let it go. These things happen all the time. I doubt it is anything as bad as your mind is thinking up. Enjoy your Christmas and forget about it.

tomhardyismydh Thu 23-Dec-10 19:44:54

thanks for responses, im in 2 minds over this. forget it and let it go, they may not have been saying anything bad. Or they could have but i wont know unless i ask will I.

but mentioning it may cause friction.

I couldnt have mentioned it at the time would have felt like it may have been a little bit precious or may have caused a sceene.

I just dont know but do feel a bit shit because of it.

claig Thu 23-Dec-10 20:04:25

it's no good bringing it up. If it's bad it could open Pandora's box and no one will gain. It's most probably nothing and bringing it up may only create resentment. Sometimes people do say silly things that they don't mean. This happens particularly at Christmas time. I have been responsible for it myself too often after a few too many Christmas drinks. These things happen but they have very little real significance. Let it go and enjoy yourself and treat yourself for Christmas. Thinking about it will only get you down.

tomhardyismydh Thu 23-Dec-10 20:05:45

thamks claig you are talking sence. thank you very much. grin.

claig Thu 23-Dec-10 20:09:28

I have just started on a bottle of wine, so the sense will soon run out. smile

tomhardyismydh Thu 23-Dec-10 20:10:24

smile me too, i just opened my xmas box of wine,

claig Thu 23-Dec-10 20:15:57

Cheers and Merry Christmas. Best time of the year smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now