Talk

Advanced search

to wonder what Delia, Jamie, Gordon and Nigella are doing right now?

(43 Posts)
NonnoMum Wed 22-Dec-10 21:24:24

(And even Kirstie). Cos I bet sure as snow stops schools they ain't trudging round Sainsbo/Waitrose/Tesco like the rest of us?
Did I hear that one of them has Christmas in the Caribbean?

brimfull Wed 22-Dec-10 21:26:07

counting their money I expect

Serendippy Wed 22-Dec-10 21:28:27

I reckon they are all sitting together and tallying how many times their own name comes up on MN in food/Christmas/AIBU to have paid £38,864 for Heston's Xmas pud on ebay (oh yes, he will be there too). Name mentioned most wins said pudding at bargain price.

TheCrackFox Wed 22-Dec-10 21:30:08

Probably got a whole bunch of servants organising it all.

SantaMousePink Wed 22-Dec-10 21:30:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greenbananas Wed 22-Dec-10 21:35:31

Perhaps they've had enough of cooking and bought all their festive fare from M&S for an easy life.

NonnoMum Wed 22-Dec-10 21:36:08

Apologies for leaving you out, Heston.

Thought the strange boss at Little Chef might have finished you off.

watfordmummy Wed 22-Dec-10 21:38:11

Heston is skiing in Italy just now!

TheParasiteofChristmasPast Wed 22-Dec-10 21:39:24

oh come don't ruin the magic. nigella is having a chichi drinks party with all her very attractive friends.

jamie is drinking eggnog while jules does needle point and the apple cheeked children sing carols.

hugh fearnley is doing something revoling with offal

delia is half way through a bottle of gin

i give a fuck about ramsey

NonnoMum Wed 22-Dec-10 21:40:25

SHIT. Forgot about Hugh, too!

CaptainBarnacles Wed 22-Dec-10 21:43:21

Hugh is having a get together with his smug dad friends where they pat each other on the back about what great guys they are, while their frazzled wives/partners tear their hair out at home trying to put a crying baby to sleep while simultaneously wrapping presents for the extended family.

NonnoMum Wed 22-Dec-10 21:44:24

Think I just saw Kirstie down the kebab house.

But, 'twas a gold-leafed kebab...

CaptainBarnacles Wed 22-Dec-10 21:45:15

Poor old Nigella has just moved house, so she is probably collapsed in a heap with a bottle of Marsala at the foot of her oversize statue of Russell Brand.

tethersjinglebellend Wed 22-Dec-10 21:45:56

Smoking a fag whilst the Aldi 3 bird roast is in the slow cooker (sorry BoF grin)

CaptainBarnacles Wed 22-Dec-10 21:46:13

Kirstie is running up a last minute cuff for Courtney Love.

CaptainBarnacles Wed 22-Dec-10 21:46:46

Phil is drinking a can of Special Brew and lighting his own farts.

SantaMousePink Wed 22-Dec-10 21:50:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CaptainBarnacles Wed 22-Dec-10 21:54:50

And then give up and send the au pair out to Selfriges in the morning.

swanandduck Wed 22-Dec-10 21:59:38

Nigella is standing at a bus stop drinking mulled wine out of a flask and beaming as the bus draws near

Kirstie is running up a cushion cover from left over brussel sprouts and cranberry sauce.

Delia is my heroe so I'm sure she's relaxing with a glass of wine and listening to some Christmas carols

TheParasiteofChristmasPast Wed 22-Dec-10 22:04:35

nigella does beam doesn't she

NonnoMum Wed 22-Dec-10 22:05:50

Yes - there's no dirt on Delia, is there?

"Come on (hic), lessbe 'aving you..." she says as she waits for the carrots to caramelise...

DasherandSmugly Wed 22-Dec-10 22:22:41

I have just destroyed my MIL by letting her know that we weren't watching a recording of Gordon's actual Christmas Day (last year she thought) and that no he doesn't really have a reindeer in his garden (he lives about 5 mins away from me) but we were watching a crefully crafted programme selling a lifestyle.

I feel like the evil parent who debunked Christmas as she kept saying 'but what about Jamie - surely his is real?' She's 63 btw hmm

NonnoMum Wed 22-Dec-10 22:33:36

ANd the kids cold be persuaded to go for a walk (tyre-swing danger-outing) on a non-Christmas day in front of a camera crew. Surely they'd be too busy playing with their new gadgets to want to leave the house on a real Christmas day?

your poor MiL though. Don't let her spread it around all her friends. They'll think grown-ups are evil.

Doigthebountyeater Wed 22-Dec-10 22:47:29

Re dirt on delia, my Dh swears that the wife an old friend of his was propositioned by delia for a threesome when she worked at the bbc. Apparently she likes to watch...

NonnoMum Wed 22-Dec-10 22:50:40

NOOOOOOOO. Don't believe ya...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: