Talk

Advanced search

To not want to visit my friend?

(8 Posts)
FairPhyllis Wed 22-Dec-10 17:13:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

swanandduck Wed 22-Dec-10 17:16:20

Are you sure there weren't any crossed lines and she thought you only wanted to come for a night? If not, then I'd cancel and say it's a bit expensive now you've seen how much the train fare will be.

discobeaver Wed 22-Dec-10 17:27:38

Just say it's a lot of upheaval and expense for only one night - you were hoping to spend more time with her, how about two nights?

CurlyhairedAssassin Wed 22-Dec-10 17:29:45

What discobeaver said...

MorticiaAddams Wed 22-Dec-10 17:33:44

I think you have to be blunt. She may not have realised how expensive the train would be.

I know when we have friends who visit from abroad, we are very conscious of the fact that they have lots of people to fit in during the short time they have in and don't want to be greedy with their time.

TheMonster Wed 22-Dec-10 17:35:31

Don't go then.

LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Wed 22-Dec-10 17:40:54

Just say, surely? confused

FairPhyllis Wed 22-Dec-10 18:34:47

I suppose the issue is that I would really like to go, as I don't often see old friends in the UK, but I feel she is asking something a bit unreasonable of me in order for me to do that. I am going to go with discobeaver's suggestion. I was just surprised that she apparently assumed the money meant nothing to me.

Morticia - I hadn't thought that she might be trying to not take up too much time - thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: