Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask who has received the poshest/ most outrageous Christmas card ?

(9 Posts)
jugglingjo Wed 22-Dec-10 10:53:00

Amongst our collection of cards this year there are two main contenders for the annual prize of poshest card (amongst the slightly envy inducing round robins )

These are a pen and ink line drawing of the interior of Durham Cathedral ( by sender of course )

And a Wai-wai inspired card with a photo of hundreds of sunflowers on the front, all of which have been hand decorated with a little holly leaf. You open the card to find one of the holly painted sunflowers stuck in your card !

Do you have anything half so impressive ?! LOL !
smile

CarolSinger Wed 22-Dec-10 15:32:14

Nothing remotely like it - should I have angst about the classiness of the senders of my cards? grin

MatureUniStudent Wed 22-Dec-10 15:42:59

I like the pen and ink interior of Durham Cathedral - will you be bothering with sending them a card next year, presuming you have kept in contact with them!?

My pal, who I haven't seen in 25 years always sends me a beautiful hand made christmas card. She is a mother of two, a full time Doctor and has shares in her partner's medical business. She includes, in her immaculate hand made christmas card (with her name stamped on the back) an upbeat round robin letter with photos of her robustly healthy and smiling offspring in far flung locations I could only dream of visiting. To round off my misery, she includes a few "first prize" photos of her children's accademic achievements that year. This has the effect of usually leaving me wanting to harm someone or something or to take to drink.

kenobi Wed 22-Dec-10 15:46:57

I just get pics of my smartest and wealthiest friends' sickeningly good-looking kids.
We're running a future model/future PM/future drug addict book at the moment.

jugglingjo Wed 22-Dec-10 18:48:10

We did get one round robin today where mother is doing palaentological research in the Australian outback surrounded by a large group of their extended family !
Father doing similar in Bhutan !

MatureUniStudent Thu 23-Dec-10 10:02:50

Groan - what is it with successful, happy people that they insist on sharing it with you? Can't they see you just want to be left to your misery and failures? Love the idea of the future drug addict book. Nice.

kenobi Thu 23-Dec-10 11:43:50

I know, a bit evil, but it makes us giggle!

UnhappyMeal Tue 27-Sep-16 21:32:44

A tongue-in-cheek Round Robin about the failures and mediocre achievemnts of the past year would be hilarious. I might try and do one of those - except I don't send any Christmas cards. I guess I could send it by email...

CuriousPorge1975 Tue 27-Sep-16 23:16:47

A very posh friend sends an epic update and pictures of her latest achievements and those of her DC. Very pleased for them. Always tempted to send one back of the biggest turd I've cleaning out of the garden that year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now