Talk

Advanced search

I have just seen Toddlers and Tiaras and think it is repulsive!

(8 Posts)
WannabeNigella Tue 21-Dec-10 17:58:47

Eurrrgghhh!

Beauty pagents! Fake tans! Shaved legs! At the age of 6 and 7 and that is just for starters.

Utterly vile in my opinion!

LifeIsButtercream Tue 21-Dec-10 18:08:03

I hear ya! Its scary stuff - saw a 2yr old getting a spray tan, my DD is 19m and I hardly dare to put moisturiser on her because of the chemicals - so fake tan = shock

I guess if an older child really wanted to do pageants thats another thing, but at such a young age I dont think it is their choice!

And swimsuit rounds - on children that young - scares the life out of me!

waitwhat Tue 21-Dec-10 18:27:16

Shaved legs? Blimey

Caboodle Tue 21-Dec-10 18:39:53

YANBU - Truely vile. None of the kids in it seem to have that much fun anyway - all the parents (generally Mums) pushing them into it.

toddlerama Tue 21-Dec-10 18:44:24

We saw it. I've been really winding DH up saying that it might be good for the DDs (2&3). He believes me and protests wildly before getting huffy that no-one cares what he thinks. <evil>

WannabeNigella Tue 21-Dec-10 19:17:50

Lol @ Toddlerama that is something I would do to my DH.

It's hideous. I also dislike this whole baby modelling thing like the Next campaign. Not obviously as extremist as these beauty pageants but still unnecessary I think.

PerpetuallyAnnoyedByHeadlice Tue 21-Dec-10 19:29:44

fake tans on a 2yo shock

YANBU even with the 6/7 yo - am sure DD1 (10yo) does not even know what a fake tan is! LOL

AliGrylls Tue 21-Dec-10 19:33:17

Not sure anyone who is sensible would agree with it. It is basically sexualising children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: