Talk

Advanced search

to want to know if they are coming for dinner or not?

(12 Posts)

Friends supposed to be coming round for dinner tonight. friend has been feeling unwell since Sunday and so last night I rang to see how she was feeling and to ask if they still want to come for dinner. friend says "can I let you know tomorrow morning?" (ie this morning)...still haven't heard anyhting and I really would like to know either way so I can either start getting things ready or relax!

I know I could text her and ask but its starting to feel a bit like I'm hounding her!

FabbyChic Tue 21-Dec-10 13:39:12

Just send a text saying hope you feeling better, looking forward to seeing you this evening.

See what she says back!

FourEyesGood Tue 21-Dec-10 13:40:59

Can you just text with "Sorry if it feels a bit as if I'm hounding you, but could you let me know if you're coming tonight? Hope you're feeling better."?

Ooh both good. have just texted Four Eyes' response. Watch this space!

GingerbreadGiraffe Tue 21-Dec-10 14:01:30

very annoying. I hate vague friends. I have a similar thing last year.

I'd be tempted to just cancel.

I cant stand people not letting you know situation.

swanandduck Tue 21-Dec-10 14:04:37

I agree Ginger. Very rude. I'd have just sent a text saying 'let's rearrange in the new year' and then not bothered.

They are coming apparently. hmm

GingerbreadGiraffe Tue 21-Dec-10 14:21:45

any apology for late reply?

Nope! Just "yep see you tonight". Am really quite peeved now. Plus it means I have to stop Mumsnetting and do housework.

GingerbreadGiraffe Tue 21-Dec-10 14:33:21

you could reply and say, oh sorry since you hadnt replied I assumed you werent coming and ate the food/gave it to the dog/invited some other guests.

Hope its a nice evening in the end!

GingerbreadGiraffe Wed 22-Dec-10 15:56:28

How was the dinner notasize10yet ?

bupcakesandcunting Wed 22-Dec-10 16:04:29

The bastards. Am shaking with rage for you.angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now