Talk

Advanced search

To Think friend is being selfish

(7 Posts)
Booandpops Mon 20-Dec-10 23:12:28

I went to a Xmas party today with lots of little kids and mums. It was in a house so enclosed space etc. A friend turned up looking Rough and coughing etc. I ask if she was ok and she said she had been in bed with flu all weekend. Now she is ckearly still ill so contagious to all at party. I am a little cross that she has potentially passed this on to us. Im sure one family will now have flu for Xmas if not more! This isn't the only time she has done this either. I once went round to tea to find out that her ds had sicky bug previous day and my kids caught it. Grrrrrr

FabbyChic Mon 20-Dec-10 23:16:18

Some people were born irresponsible! Why didnt you say anything to her at the time?

Booandpops Mon 20-Dec-10 23:18:46

One mum clearly wanted too. But she is a formidable character. I made sure I dint eat of buffet and didn't sit near her!

Curiousmama Mon 20-Dec-10 23:20:42

That is so annoying angry Why do people do this? There could be someone there with low immunity?

pigletmania Mon 20-Dec-10 23:25:05

I would have said something, but very tactfully, especially if i had caught a sickness bug from her before, I would not hold back. Would have said 'that is a bad flu, you ought to be at home in bed instead of here, Why dont you go home and make a nice hot cup of tea and put your feet up" grin

zipzap Mon 20-Dec-10 23:29:48

Or 'Are you giving everyone the flu as your christmas present to them this year then? We'll know who to thank when we all come down with it...!!'

Or just try 'Please don't think I'm being rude if I keep away from you but I really really can't afford to catch another bug from you, especially at this time of year. Next time if you are going to come somewhere when you are so obviously poorly, please let me know in advance so I can make the decision as to whether or not I come and get your bugs rather than discover when I get here and it's a bit late'

Curiousmama Tue 21-Dec-10 12:39:57

grin Zipzap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now