Talk

Advanced search

to be worried about the attention that DS gives his willy?

(70 Posts)
marshmallowdelight Mon 20-Dec-10 19:42:24

DS is 3 frequently has his hands in his pants now that he is no longer wearing bodysuits with poppers and I must admit that its starting to worry me a little bit...

He says that it feels nice hmm

Tootlesmummy Mon 20-Dec-10 19:43:41

I wouldn't worry about it, a lot of small boys do this as a comfort thing. If he does it when he's 18 then I'd worry a bit!

Littlefish Mon 20-Dec-10 19:44:06

Well it does feel nice. He's right.

Why does it worry you?

Just say, "I know it feels nice, but it's part of your private body, so it's fine to touch it when you're on your own".

Then just distract him.

It's completely normal.

rubyslippers Mon 20-Dec-10 19:44:27

It does feel nice

He is exploring his body - all very normal

JamieLeeCurtis Mon 20-Dec-10 19:47:14

It does feel nice. My DSs love a good rummage when they are in their jammies but I do have to remind them not to in company (7 and 10).

He may do it less once the novelty of being able to dies down, but I'm sure he will continue to do it. It's totally normal. Make light if it, distract.

TattyDevine Mon 20-Dec-10 19:49:53

Go and make him wash his hands, every single time. He will soon stop grin

Depending who breaks first, you or him (or your water meter) grin

TiggyD Mon 20-Dec-10 19:50:18

It'll wear off in about 30 years.

Either that or it'll wear out.

WingDad Mon 20-Dec-10 19:52:05

It's normal. Just resting your hands on your manbits is surprisingly comfortable. Of course only to be done in private though grin

Loshad Mon 20-Dec-10 19:52:28

about 60 i think tiggy - having worked with plenty of men who always seemed to have their hands down their pants

JamieLeeCurtis Mon 20-Dec-10 19:54:23

Eeew when adults do it. I was at University with a guy who wore trackie bottoms a lot and couldn't stop "checking it was still there"

singarainbow Mon 20-Dec-10 19:57:57

My DS (4) is the same, we only draw attention to to it when he is the dinner table, and have one of those moments where you would never think you would ever say "please leave your penis alone while you are eating"!!! grin

iamnotreallysure Mon 20-Dec-10 20:00:42

TiggyD

no it doesn't grin we just (hopefully)learn to be more discrete. But haven't I read that a similar thing applies to little girls - they just ride horses instead grin?

AlpinePony Mon 20-Dec-10 20:19:32

MIL told me the other day that her two played with it so much they were in tears because it hurt - but still they'd not let go of it! grin

standupandbecounted Mon 20-Dec-10 20:25:37

Normal. Don't worry.

Loshad Mon 20-Dec-10 20:29:22

iamnot sure - their position is wrong if that's the case, if you're getting off on riding then weight is way too much on the front pelvic arch

coldtits Mon 20-Dec-10 20:30:27

I'd rather that than the STUNNING view of ds2's anus that he occasionally (as in, thrice daily) treats us to.

JamieLeeCurtis Mon 20-Dec-10 20:31:15

Oh yes. The arsehole flash .....

tomgoodswife Mon 20-Dec-10 20:32:15

My DS who is 3 is currently obsessed with it - he talks about it constantly. Just trying to ignore at the moment!

hairyfairylights Mon 20-Dec-10 20:33:35

Shocked at the washing hands suggestion! How to screw him up in one easy technique! It's totally normal.

StuffingGoldBrass Mon 20-Dec-10 20:37:14

Totally normal. I have told my DS that he can play with it at home, in private but not in public. And then had to add 'When we don't have visitors' after a friend of his dad's was treated to a bit of a display.

There's nothing wrong with it at all, you just have to gently remind DC that it's something done in private and let them get on with it.

MissBeehivingUnderTheMistletoe Mon 20-Dec-10 20:38:39

You wait until he comes downstairs with it wrapped around a pencil. <thankyou DS1>

JamieLeeCurtis Mon 20-Dec-10 20:40:09

... or when he asks to have a look at your wedding ring in the bath and then puts it on his willy

<Freudian nightmare grin>

Yulephemia Mon 20-Dec-10 20:47:33

Misread title as "DH" playing with willie. Could not understand newsworthiness grin

bensonbutnohedges Mon 20-Dec-10 20:49:34

All little boys do it, even the ones who have children and grandchildren of their own grinThey need to check it hasn't dropped off.

WilfShelf Mon 20-Dec-10 20:52:34

Unlike my older boys, DS3 seems quite happy to um explore at every opportunity. I now tell him if he wants to, he has to go to his bedroom where he can do it in private.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: