Talk

Advanced search

to be pee'd off that DH spelt my name wrong in my xmas card?!!

(23 Posts)
devonsmummy Mon 20-Dec-10 18:38:57

then blamed it on the kids helping him when i pointed it out!! FFS

bubbleOseven Mon 20-Dec-10 18:39:34

Do the same back to him

devonsmummy Mon 20-Dec-10 18:41:22

ive already given his card to him earlier in the week -

PinkIsMyFavouriteCrayon Mon 20-Dec-10 18:41:52

Wrote DB's Christmas card out on behalf of (12 month old) DD, wrote Uncel Simon.....
But then I'm thick so that's my excuse grin

bubbleOseven Mon 20-Dec-10 18:42:41

ah, in that case

divorce the bastard grin

devonsmummy Mon 20-Dec-10 18:43:31

not so bad getting the letters muddled - but using the wrong letters!

devonsmummy Mon 20-Dec-10 18:45:08

can you image...... grounds for divorce - name spelt incorrectly on xmas card LOL!

alarkaspree Mon 20-Dec-10 18:46:25

Oh I've spelt my own name wrong when signing several of my Christmas cards. It's not that I don't know how to spell my name. But I'm just not used to writing that much any more.

I'd go easy on him.

tabulahrasa Mon 20-Dec-10 18:47:13

you give each other Christmas cards?hmm I know one couple that do that, but I always thought they were a bit odd, I'm now wondering if it's me that's odd not to?

IAmReallyFabNow Mon 20-Dec-10 18:47:41

Tell us how he spelt your name and let us guess what it should have been! grin

TheCrackFox Mon 20-Dec-10 18:48:43

Dh and I never give each other Christmas cards. We can't be arse.

TBH DH's handwriting is so crap that it would be difficult to tell if he has spelled my name correctly or not.

Spinkle Mon 20-Dec-10 18:49:24

S'alright. On our 5th wedding anniversary I asked my DH what colour my eyes are (and promptly shut them).

He couldn't tell me.

devonsmummy Mon 20-Dec-10 18:55:06

he spelt it ending in a Y and not an I - and he knows I hate it spelt that way

Spinkle - you still maried?

Spinkle Mon 20-Dec-10 19:01:00

Yes.

He's not into 'details', apparently.

But could easily tell you who won the 1982 FA Cup Final, who scored the goals and what minute they did it in.

Not that I'm bitter...

Actuallawyer Mon 20-Dec-10 19:01:39

My DH signed his name wrong on his passport. He got a bit carried away and put in a triple letter instead of a double.

Ephiny Mon 20-Dec-10 19:19:37

I'm surprised to hear you give each other Christmas cards too, nothing wrong with it but now wondering if that's what couples are supposed to do!

Some people are just awful at spelling or don't consider it important, you'd think he could make an effort for your name though!

PerpetuallyAnnoyedByHeadlice Mon 20-Dec-10 19:24:29

DH once signed a birthday card to his dad from himself and his sister instead of me - we had been married several years, and he claimed it was a throwback to all those childhood years of signing for himself and sister

our names are not at all similar, but the same sort of length and shape so was able to disguise the mistake!

I still tease him about it now!

TiggyD Mon 20-Dec-10 19:46:34

Don't be so sensitive Divonsmumi.

tinkertitonk Mon 20-Dec-10 20:35:26

You should definitely throw a wobbler over this, it'll give your husband something to laugh at for the rest of your marriage his life.

tigercametotea Mon 20-Dec-10 20:40:29

DH still wasn't clear when my birthday was exactly ("Isn't it some time in November??") until about a year ago I think, when I put him straight and told him how shocking it is that we've been married for 7 years and he still has to ask me that every October!

LifeOfKate Mon 20-Dec-10 21:22:01

Ooo, we give each other christmas cards, we have a competition to find the most tasteless cards we can for under £4. DH won this year, his involved clear glittery plastic covers, soft focus roses, gold swirly writing AND a pukeinducing thoughtful poem

PrincessScrumpy Mon 20-Dec-10 21:28:16

not grounds for divorce but i would mock for about 10 years!

jasper Mon 20-Dec-10 22:19:15

You give each other cards?
Are you separated by a long distance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now