Talk

Advanced search

To HATE dog slather all over my clothes when i pop in for coffee.

(24 Posts)
brokeoven Mon 20-Dec-10 17:23:25

A bit more than i bargained for, my trousers were soaked to the skin . as was the bottom of my top.

took pressies and was beasted by this beast of a boxer dog.
By Golly they are big buggers arent they!

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Mon 20-Dec-10 17:25:12

yuk.

MassiveKnobOfBrandyButter Mon 20-Dec-10 17:25:58

Agree I hate dog slob too, but if you visit a house with dogs, you must be prepared for it.

We have dogs but they are not slobberers luckily!

YANBU. I adore dogs and own 3 but I can't say I'm wild about dog slobber either. Ugh!

Still, you know what they say... love me, love my dog. (Or, in my case, "If you don't like dogs, don't come to my house!". )

bupcakesandcunting Mon 20-Dec-10 17:28:16

Eugh. Mn old friend had two slobbering bull mastiffs. One christmas she held a party at her tiny house. I went to the party on my way to a night out in town, in my best christmas clothes. Was very dismayed on arrival to find the two massive hounds on the loose, slobbering all over the guests. My lovely dress got ruined by slobber. Waaaaaaah!

brokeoven Mon 20-Dec-10 17:29:24

I am absolutely terrified of dogs as well so it always takes HUGE effort on my part to go round as these are very evry good friends of ours.

They always comment "oh, you dont like dogs do you?" as they let it slather and drool all over me and nearly knock me off my feet.
It kinda runs up with gusto when anyone first goes in the house.

I literally shake with fear, they say " ahh hes saying hello, look hes excited to see you"
Im thinking in my head "fuck the fuck off you fucking stinking drooling disgusting thing" while trying to push it down from my shoulders without passing out.
Its breath stinks too and it puts it teath right in you face.

GAhhhhhhh

brokeoven Mon 20-Dec-10 17:30:38

Their kids are my God children and couldnt bear not to see them, so i make myself go.

ShatnersBassoon Mon 20-Dec-10 17:33:16

YANBU. I hate what comes out of dogs far more than I hate dogs.

brokeoven Mon 20-Dec-10 17:35:39

dont feel comfortable asking them to shut it in a room when i come round.
sometimes it is shut in a room when i get there....then she says "oh, dogs been in back room for an hour while i vaccume, i'll just let him out"

ooooohhhh noooooooo!

narkypuffin Mon 20-Dec-10 17:38:26

Invite them over. Or have the conversation that you're dreading- obviously more than the dog!- about them keeping their dog away from you.

Unfortunately people who don't control their dogs around guests they know are afraid of dogs are unlikely to respond well, however gently you approach them.

So invite them over.

Cyb Mon 20-Dec-10 17:40:20

I visted a work colleague for pre Xmas drinks and nibbles the other evening and spent most of it fighting her dogs nose away from the plates of food. I really wanted to say 'just shut the bloody dog in another room'

When I came back into the rom, lordy it smelt of dog

Y U C K

AnyoneforTurps Mon 20-Dec-10 17:42:59

Your friends are BU, not you. I love my dog but when people who are scared of dogs come round to the house, she is shut in another room so they can relax.

It sounds as if your friends are too dense and/or unimaginative to understand how scary this is for you, so I think you're going to have to spell it out. They need to shut the dogs up when you visit.

Toughasoldboots Mon 20-Dec-10 17:45:34

I love my dog and dogs generally but I absolutely would not allow it to pester guests, she is a cavalier spaniel so not a slobberer but can be a bit too 'needy' wanting to be patted all the time.

brokeoven Mon 20-Dec-10 17:46:02

ahh they are not dense, they just dont get it at all becuase they love dogs and think that everyone else does too.
Having said that,i have told them exactly how dogs make me feel, i actually cross to the other side of the street if i see one coming towards me, i shake and sweat and my stomach churns. So to be in the same room as one as big as a boxer is just, well, indescribable really.

Lotster Mon 20-Dec-10 17:48:09

You would never be slobbered on in my house, my dog does not do slobbering. (Or "fetch" for that matter...hmm)

Not slobbering can be taught though. Well to most dogs, not sure about Boxers grin

AnyoneforTurps Mon 20-Dec-10 17:48:21

Sorry but that is dense. We all have different fears - I'm scared of cows so it's lucky for me that they are not routinely kept as house pets wink. If your friends had any imagination or consideration they would realise that - however much they love the dogs - you are scared of them.

thisisyesterday Mon 20-Dec-10 17:48:55

agree, your friends are being unreasonable.
it really wouldn't hurt them to shut it in another part of the house while you are visiting.

how selfish

brokeoven Mon 20-Dec-10 17:50:17

ok, so im NBU! Thought i would get a slating!

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Mon 20-Dec-10 18:08:17

I had a thread where I asked whether I was BU finding a woman I say hello to in the street lifting up her dog and letting it lick my babys face.

I thought there'd be at least some flamers, but if I remember everyone thought it was a pretty off thing to do.

If you applied it to people, who wants someone spitting all over them? No ta.

MadamDeathstare Mon 20-Dec-10 18:17:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadamDeathstare Mon 20-Dec-10 18:19:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

narkypuffin Mon 20-Dec-10 18:30:12

" All bodily fluids are gross if sprayed indiscriminately around the place "

grin

panettoinydog Mon 20-Dec-10 18:44:28

I HATE it when people don't train their dog properly.

Janoschi Mon 20-Dec-10 19:43:40

Dog slobber is disgusting, as is dog hair sticking to your best clothes. I do have a pretty big dog of my own but I've trained her to keep in her basket when guests are around. She doesn't slobber, she doesn't shed and she never begs for food. It winds me up when people assume I'm not enjoying their Lab drooling and moulting over me because 'I'm not a dog person'. I AM a bloody dog person but I have a sodding limit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now