Talk

Advanced search

to suggest delaying xmas?

(9 Posts)
shirleyhyypia Sun 19-Dec-10 17:35:05

My DH thinks its a scroogey suggestion...

We're all going to my mums for xmas. However my mum and dad are both in Scotland at the mo, and my sister and her OH are in London.
I've suggested that if they cant get here for the 25th, we just have xmas when they can get here. Everyone is off work and (hopefully) here anyway, why would it make a difference?

We're not religious, so that wouldnt affect anything, and the only possible argument I can think of is that DS would be disappointed. Which would be valid if he wasnt three months old!!! There are no other children.

Am I scrooge?

ChasingSquirrels Sun 19-Dec-10 17:36:58

nope.
I am having christmas on 24th - my boys are going to their dad for a week on the morning of 26th and I don't want to have christmas day and for them to go straight off.
It is just a date - do it when it works for you.

Weegle Sun 19-Dec-10 17:37:26

I don't think you or your DH are going to have much say in it - whatever will be will be with the weather.

So no, YANBU because it makes sense to still have the celebration when you can all get together

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Sun 19-Dec-10 17:40:41

Do what works for you.

What matters? That you celebrate on the right day of the month, or that you celebrate with family?

MeowyChristmasEveryone Sun 19-Dec-10 17:47:21

My DH is in the forces - it is very common to "move" Christmas celebrations depending on the timing of deployments.

I think your DH is the one that's being "scroogey".

MadamDeathstare Sun 19-Dec-10 17:54:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeChatRouge Sun 19-Dec-10 17:55:14

We also have Christmas on 24th, pressies, food the lot. Used to have one on New Year's Day when my grandparents were alive and my friend has one on 6th Jan with her Spanish in laws, so I would say it's more about family than a date for us.

MadamDeathstare Sun 19-Dec-10 17:55:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SkyBluePearl Sun 19-Dec-10 19:47:01

we had xmas delayed as kids due to mum working as a nurse on the big day. was fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: