Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why this shit always happens to us?

(62 Posts)
FunkySnowSkeleton Sun 19-Dec-10 13:26:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LaWeaselMys Sun 19-Dec-10 13:28:32

Can you go out and leave him to it?

FunkySnowSkeleton Sun 19-Dec-10 13:30:46

LeChatRouge Sun 19-Dec-10 13:32:34

Can you ask him if he wants you to look up on the internet what might be wrong?

Or pre-empt any shouting by saying 'If it's broken, please don't start shouting.'

If he does have a rant, it's at the situation, not you.

Sounds more like a boiler issue than frozen - we have no water at all because of frozen pipes.

FunkySnowSkeleton Sun 19-Dec-10 13:36:23

FunkySnowSkeleton Sun 19-Dec-10 13:37:08

ivykaty44 Sun 19-Dec-10 13:39:21

slow down, it may well sort itself out as i had similar in bathroom a week ago and then it sorted itself.

I am sure it will be ok in a day or two and use the kettle for the washing up for now?

FancyALittle Sun 19-Dec-10 13:42:12

What else has been happening? It does sound like you are over-reacting about one tap at the moment.

Merlotmonster Sun 19-Dec-10 13:43:35

Shit happens to loads of people.... it just how you deal with it that matters....are you really getting anxious over a tap! ? Go out and get some fresh air and think about people who are REALLY unfortunate....

PS- The shit Ive had this year: Lost holiday due to ash cloud, badly broken leg, horse put to sleep, sister going through very sad divorce, best friend breaking up with partner....... !! I would be happy with a crappy tap!

MrsCratchit Sun 19-Dec-10 13:58:32

I'm assuming this is the final straw after lots of genuinely difficult things happening- poor health, bereavement or such like. In which case YANBU.

If it really is just over a tap, however, you have my first ever MN biscuit

JaneS Sun 19-Dec-10 14:02:48

Oh, no-one else has ever been frustrated and ranted on MN? hmm

Hope you get it sorted soon, OP.

FunkySnowSkeleton Sun 19-Dec-10 14:06:13

AuntiePickleBottom Sun 19-Dec-10 14:10:21

Go and make yourself a cup of tea, sit down and relax.

when you need hot water for the kitchen boil the kettle until the tap sorts it's self out.

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Sun 19-Dec-10 14:12:52

Gosh. That is a lot of shit, sorry about that.

Although, to be fair, nobody is psychic and the responses were to your post about a tap. Which in itself is no big deal.

So I think the "fucking excuse me" is unnecessarily aggressive and seems to be anger because somehow we should have known what a truly crap life you've got atm.

There is no way anyone can know what you don't say. Please don't be aggressive.

Merlotmonster Sun 19-Dec-10 14:13:26

not really the tap then...maybe you should have put your bad time into context.....then it wouldnt be seen as trivial
No need to swear really is there.....

TheBountyMuncher Sun 19-Dec-10 14:16:02

Sorry FunkySnow, sometimes it's something like 'just' a stupid tap that breaks the camels back sad

I totally understand the edgy feeling when you know your H is going to blow as well. Awful.

Have no advice, but plenty of sympathy.
Hope it's something that'll fix easily (and for free)

magnolia74 Sun 19-Dec-10 14:19:18

We had exactly the same thing, no hot water coming out of tap. It was an air lock in the system and we thought it would need draining. It was fine again the next morning.

Crossing fingers its the same for you xx

dweezle Sun 19-Dec-10 14:26:57

Funky

We had this last week - cold water and heating OK but no hot water. It was a frozen pipe behind kitchen units. Do you have a fan heater you can direct at units? Open all kitchen cupboard doors and move heater along.

DH took backs off all units and actually lagged pipes - we have no insulation in walls, old stone Victorian house.

I know it's only a pipe, but it sounds a bit like the last straw for you.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

egopostulosomnus Sun 19-Dec-10 14:33:38

have just consulted DHs plumbing handbook, it suggests that hot water pipes can be prone to scale (was the tap running a little slow beforehand) and this will stop the tap working, if that is the case it needs descaling and i am afraid the book does not suggest how, but perhaps a google search might help.
so sorry for your totally awful year, i hope you have a wonderful christmas x

FunkySnowSkeleton Sun 19-Dec-10 14:40:57

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 19-Dec-10 14:42:50

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Sun 19-Dec-10 14:46:02

blimey - OP has had a hard time on here.

Often is is the small things that really rock people - and they get through the "big stuff" somewhat easier.

The number of times I've had something major going on in my life and doing ok - but then found myself in tears over something really small and actually insignificant.

Thankfully usually when I've posted on MN about it I've usually had support and a bit of understanding (^without^ needing to give the entire back story as to why the small thing has thrown me)........

JaneS Sun 19-Dec-10 15:12:58

I agree, Baroqin.

Besides which, this is a place where we know people come to rant - it's often because they can't mention something so apparently 'trivial' to anyone in RL, precisely because so much shit is happening in RL.

I hope you're ok, funky. Come back and tell us how you get on.

MemooMerrilyOnHigh Sun 19-Dec-10 15:18:12

Funky, I suffer with dreadful anxiety too. Our tumble dryer broke last week so definately something I could manage without but I got myself in such a state about it. It took me a couple of days to calm down and then when the repair man came out DH had to be here because I just couldn't face it.

Anxiety is an awful, debilitating illness and causes so much unhappiness. The thing that helps me is trying to remind myself that I am ill and that is why things feel so bad rather than the actualy situation being bad iykwim xx

Janos Sun 19-Dec-10 15:22:14

Nothing helpful to add to the useful practical advice you've already had OP. Lots of sympathy though. I hope you get this sorted out.

Don't see why people feel the need to be so arsey. So the OP swore cos she's upset, lets have a good ole snippy tut tut tut at the rude words.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now