Talk

Advanced search

to worry about my Lorry Driver DH in this weather??

(13 Posts)
MumsMunchkin Sat 18-Dec-10 17:06:37

He's been sent 4 hours drive away. Am not convinced he will get home tonight. I have told him to make sure he's got food and water with him.

He drives the mahoosive artics. Am terrified for him driving in this weather. He also has a 30 min drive home through countryside to get home in his car.

FFS why can't he work in an office!!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 18-Dec-10 17:09:50

YANBU at all, it must be horrific.

Does he have one of those cabins with a bed in it?

KerryMumblesBahHumBug Sat 18-Dec-10 17:10:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Limara Sat 18-Dec-10 17:10:42

Ah MumsMunchkin, I really feel for yousad I'd be shitting myself If I were you....
My DH just asking about how your DH feels about it?

Mumcentreplus Sat 18-Dec-10 17:11:33

Awww Mums.. no you certainly are NBU I would be worried too!!..but he's a good driver and I'm sure he's careful..good idea to remind him about the food and water..I'm sure he'll be fine..

MumsMunchkin Sat 18-Dec-10 17:14:38

He actually loves the job. Likes to be on the open clogged road you see. He's not bothered about driving in extreme weather - he's driven in Canada - it's just me! Selfish man!

MumsMunchkin Sat 18-Dec-10 17:16:30

He does have a bed yes OldLady smile.

Punkatheart Sat 18-Dec-10 17:16:54

He will be fine - but you are a sweet and loving person to worry. You are lucky to have one another...

ChippingIn Sat 18-Dec-10 17:20:18

I'd worry too

I hope he's OK. At least he is in one of those fuck off large vehicles - better than being in a smart car.

KaraStarbuckThrace Sat 18-Dec-10 17:21:49

YANBU - my Uncle retired last year after 30 years of HGV driving (big artics & Haz loads) - he is sooo glad he is not working this winter.

Hope you DH gets back safely - has he got a sleeper cab with a night heater?

Limara Sat 18-Dec-10 17:31:48

My DH loves driving in this weather. He loves the thrill of it all. When I told him we needed something from the local shop this afternoon, instead of moaning, he was stood there with his coat and a mischievous smile onsmile

sb6699 Sat 18-Dec-10 18:36:40

My DH is a trucker. A 40 minute drive back to the depot has just taken 6 hours.

Now he has to try and get home sad

baskingseals Sat 18-Dec-10 19:25:16

it's like ice road truckers!

yanbu and hope he gets home safely

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: