Talk

Advanced search

To have DH take DD to the party?

(21 Posts)
ShanahansRevenge Sat 18-Dec-10 13:02:08

Accordin to my sister "Taking the DCs to their friends parties is a Mothers job."

hmm

Is that true? I do most of the party runs...but the house is a mess and little DD is under the weather...as am I....so DH said he was happy to do it.

Does your DH or DP ever take the kids to parties?

My DD is 6 and a little bit insecure at parties...she tends to be a bit clingy for the first half an hour and then settles in...the party is in the friends home...and the Mum said it was fine for my DH to stay on if Dd needed him to....is it wrong?

CMOTdibbler Sat 18-Dec-10 13:04:23

DH ans I pretty much take it in turns.

CeliaChristmasFate Sat 18-Dec-10 13:04:26

Absolutely not wrong, it's fine! It's a parent's job to take their children to parties, there's no issue with it that I can see.

ShanahansRevenge Sat 18-Dec-10 13:05:33

Oh good! I had a paranoia there for a mo. I know SOME Dad's at DDs school never do it....but they're always at work.

Slobbadan Sat 18-Dec-10 13:05:42

Nope we both do it, i will take them if dp is working as he dose on a saturday but like last weekend dp took DD and picked her up.

JustAnother Sat 18-Dec-10 13:11:31

we both do it.

verytellytubby Sat 18-Dec-10 13:13:01

Whoever is the least hungover takes them wink

nannynobblystockingnobs Sat 18-Dec-10 13:14:02

DH does it because he drives! The parties are usually at one of the two soft play centres in town and both are a fair distance, one of them on a busy roundabout.

rainbowinthesky Sat 18-Dec-10 13:15:46

Bit of an old fashioned question surely. I'm amazed you need to consider this.

JeezyPeeps Sat 18-Dec-10 13:20:03

Gosh, at the most recent party that I hosted (it was an xbox gamers party.. so only three children invited so that all 4 could play at the same time), all three parents that turned up to collect the boys were the dad.

It didn't once strike me as odd or unusual that it wasn't the mum.

Fair enough, different families arrange things differently to suit their own circumstances, and I know some mothers that always do the party trips - but why shouldn't it be shared?

What an odd attitude!

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 18-Dec-10 13:21:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShanahansRevenge Sat 18-Dec-10 13:22:51

Well thank you for sharing your amazement Rainbow. smile

jessiealbright Sat 18-Dec-10 13:23:51

Why? Does the children's friends have doors with biometric vagina sensors attached?

jessiealbright Sat 18-Dec-10 13:24:05

Do Sorry

ChaoticChristmasAngelCrackers Sat 18-Dec-10 13:24:40

What SGM said grin

rainbowinthesky Sat 18-Dec-10 13:26:26

Surely you can't blame me for being amazed thjat you are asking if it is wrong for a dad to take a child to a party? I think we both must live in very different worlds smile

ShanahansRevenge Sat 18-Dec-10 13:37:53

I think we probably do Rainbow.

gerontius Sat 18-Dec-10 13:45:59

What, so you really don't know already?

Lonnie Sat 18-Dec-10 14:00:24

Dh does about 90% of them as I work many weekends and most parties are at weekends.

BTW is there a "rule book" on what fathers does and what mothers does> as no one ever gave me one..

pongonperdy Sat 18-Dec-10 14:15:35

My dh and dd are at a party as we speak.

FrostyAndSlippery Sat 18-Dec-10 14:17:19

WTF? What a bizarre thing to think. Why wouldn't a dad do it?! YANBU obviously

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: