Talk

Advanced search

To think this dad was very ungrateful

(14 Posts)
dribbleface Sat 18-Dec-10 11:57:16

After organising a Xmas party for all the nursery children, hiring a entertainer, organising Santa to visit along with presents for all 70 of the chidren at no extra cost to the parents........all he could say was 'well thats not a very good present is it'. He was upset as it was a 'boys' present apparently. Was a sticker book that had things that move in in.

What great manners to teach your child.

Numberfour Sat 18-Dec-10 11:58:25

He probably shot his mouth without thinking, but you're right. That is not a very gracious thanks at all!

3littlefrogs Sat 18-Dec-10 11:59:30

YANBU. What a rude man.

Honestly - what has happened to basic good manners and social skills? [grumpy old woman emoticon]

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Sat 18-Dec-10 12:18:19

We shouldn't judge. Perhaps he was having a bad day.

Am required by mumsnet membership card to post that wink

But yes, he sounds pig ignorant.

Sadly, many people are.

Perhaps a hard stare and a "sorry you feel that way, why don't you organise it next year and you can ensure it is up to your high standards."

Or maybe not. But you can fantasise about kicking him grin

BalloonSlayer Sat 18-Dec-10 12:24:48

If it was free and he knew this I would have been tempted to shame him by suggesting he ask for his money back.

(Tis what I do with my DCs if they complain about their dinner: "If you don't like the food in this restaurant I suggest you don't pay the bill.")

Pancakeflipper Sat 18-Dec-10 12:30:49

Some people are just miserable grumps. He'd no doubt found something else to moan about if the presentcwas perfect. Stuff him - think about the kids. Bet they loved it.

dribbleface Sat 18-Dec-10 13:50:58

Your right the kids loved it and to be honest he is one of the more difficult parents to deal with! His little girl was so excited to tell him about seeing santa, which makes it all the more sad.

Firawla Sat 18-Dec-10 14:22:52

yanbu
i think it sounds a good present and even if not, she enjoyed the santa and it was all free so what on earth is there to complain about. he is really rude

FrostyAndSlippery Sat 18-Dec-10 14:28:56

YANBU. Idiot. him not you obviously...

I hate ingratitude. Out of interest Is it private daycare or a funded nursery? DD goes to both and got a present from each, I was amazed especially the latter as it's a charity.

I would never belittle a gift.

nannynobblystockingnobs Sat 18-Dec-10 14:32:07

Haha! I like the idea of suggesting asking for the money back if it was free
DD2's present from nursery was a little lockable tin with sweets in. Not hugely age appropriate, and 99p from the local cheap shop- but they made an effort to buy every child something, DD2 loved unwrapping it then ate all the sweets in about ten minutes

ragged Sat 18-Dec-10 14:57:43

Bit piss poor response, yanbu. I could imagine it being justified thing to say if the child herself was disappointed and the dad was trying to prevent a meltdown (have btdt).

BootyMum Sat 18-Dec-10 20:21:58

He sounds like a bundle of laughs. Sad that he had to suck all the fun out of the experience by making such a negative and denigratory remark. Poor daughter sad
Perhaps he was envious in some way that his daughter was enjoying herself...

backwardpossom Sat 18-Dec-10 20:24:23

YANBU, what a miserable git.

SixtyFootDoll Sat 18-Dec-10 20:30:51

Nobber

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now