Talk

Advanced search

AIBU in finding it slighlty amusing when...

(9 Posts)
JeezyPeeps Sat 18-Dec-10 11:09:16

... sometimes people that post in AIBU are incredibly defensive if they are told they are, in fact, BU?

I know sometimes it isn't easy to accept (having found myself in that situation before), but if the majority of people think you ABU, surely then it is time to stop and think instead of getting angry at the people that have answered your post (after all, you asked the question in the first place, so you must have thought you might be!) and defending your stance ferociously and sometimes digging youself and even deeper hole?

I have seen this quite a few times now, AIBU to just smile (sometimes laugh) and move on to the next post?

TheBrandyButterflyEffect Sat 18-Dec-10 12:52:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mugggletoeandwine Sat 18-Dec-10 12:53:19

I love it when that happens.
The supersoaker thread springs to mind.

ChristmasTrolleyRage Sat 18-Dec-10 12:55:10

ooh can you link mugggle?

upahill Sat 18-Dec-10 12:56:19

Go On muggle . I can't rememeber that one!!

taintedsnow Sat 18-Dec-10 12:58:38

Sometimes though, people post without giving the whole story (by accident or it's not particularly relevant to the specific story) and when they try to explain, they get accused of AIBU by stealth. So sometimes they get jumped on unfairly whether or not they are actually unreasonable.

I do have a soft spot for that supersoaker thread though.

taintedsnow Sat 18-Dec-10 13:00:23

Twas in parenting, but here you go:

Supersoaker

FrostyAndSlippery Sat 18-Dec-10 13:04:19

I find it funny too. In fact when it's possibly a hoax (like the macdonalds one a few weeks back) I almost wish it were real because it's funny to think there are people that crazy

However I do feel sad or even angry at the times when the denial is actually really damaging - like when everything points to an awful or even abusive relationship but the OP won't accept it.

TrillianAstra Sat 18-Dec-10 13:09:23

Very few people are asking "AIBU?"

They are really saying "I am not BU, come and agree with me and tell me that I am right"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: