Talk

Advanced search

To be getting drunk on my own???

(9 Posts)
jester68 Fri 17-Dec-10 22:05:19

Well tonight my mum has my 2 daughters and my partner is on his works do. So I opened the bottle of martini and am now feeling ever so slightly tipsy lol.

I hardly ever drink but think I amy be making up for it tonight so AIBU???

Pointless thread but thought I would do it anyway

classydiva Fri 17-Dec-10 22:06:37

Its my birthday and I'm home with my son, I wouldn't drink alone, but understand why you are, your other half will come home half cut and its better if you on the same wavelength.

jester68 Fri 17-Dec-10 22:26:03

So true classy- last year I was pregnat with my youngest daughter so when he came home drunk he did my head in! This year I am going to be the same!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

makemineapinot Fri 17-Dec-10 22:28:11

no you are not BU!!! I am a single parent and I'd rather have a glass of wine (or several!) on my own rather than with them!! if I waited for company the wine would go off!!! You enjoy - at least you'll 'get' your partner when he comes home!! grin

LoveRedShoes Fri 17-Dec-10 22:35:21

Cheers! Enjoy!

backwardpossom Fri 17-Dec-10 22:37:32

You are NOT being unreasonable. I am here on my own and rather merde-visaged. I love mulled wine. grin

Hah! cheers!

huddspur Fri 17-Dec-10 22:38:47

YANBU it can be good to have a glass of wine or 3 even when on your own.

BlathIceSkate Fri 17-Dec-10 22:52:48

Today is my DD's 1st birthday. I've been trying to wean her and gave her what I intend to be her last breastfeed today too. I'm celebrating with a bottle of Baileys after having drunk very little for the past 21 months. DH has gone to bed so I'm now drinking alone.

YANBU. It doesn't hurt every now and again

Maggie1973 Sat 18-Dec-10 19:28:18

You're not alone, i very often have a few glasses of wine by myself, especially at the end of a busy week, it's my little treat to myself. Enjoy it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: