Talk

Advanced search

to feel a bit disappointed in MIL?

(8 Posts)
wintersnow Fri 17-Dec-10 13:53:11

I gave birth to DS3 a week ago grin . MIL & FIL live 3 hours away and rarely come to visit - around twice a year. She came a couple of months ago and said she would come and stay for a week when DS3 was born (she came to see us the next day after both other DS's were born).
She could have come this week but hasn't and now says she isn't sure when she can come as she is getting a new boss at work and will have to speak to them... She could come this Sunday but her and FIL go out every w/e and get very drunk so she doesn't want to have to stay in on Saturday night. I wouldn't mind so much but I broke my foot a week before baby arrived and DH is ill so we are finding it quite hard, AIBU & being a sleep deprived fool to feel annoyed by this?!

MadamDeathstare Fri 17-Dec-10 13:57:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

theevildead2 Fri 17-Dec-10 14:24:23

How funny, most of these threads the woman is horrified that MIL is pulling up in her drive way for a week the day after the baby!

diddl Fri 17-Dec-10 14:31:45

YANBU.

I´d be disapointed if a GP would rather have a night drinking than a weekend with a new grandchild.sad

wintersnow Fri 17-Dec-10 15:07:48

I know! DH's family are pretty distant, FIL & his wife live 2 hours away and we haven't seen them for a year, his sister hasn't called or texted even to say congratulations on DH£'s birth & MIL and her DH would rather spend their w/e's getting paralytic than coming to see their grandchildren, I often wonder what it would be like to have in laws who were more involved - better or worse?!

BettyCash Fri 17-Dec-10 15:16:29

YANBU, but, at the risk of being virtually lynched, you're probably just dealing with a lot now and too tired to sympathise with MIL's new boss situation.

If you can't be frank with her, you'll have to accept it's just you and the nuclear family for bit longer. She will come eventually!

diddl Fri 17-Dec-10 15:49:26

Well, we I don´t really get on with my ILs.

Sounds awful but they are sooo boring.

Don´t go anywhere, don´t do anything, never have anything to talk about oran opinion on anything.

Visits are a strain.

We´ve been abroad more than ten years & they have never visited.

Guess that shows what they think of their only son & only grandchildren.

They don´twork, they could afford it & we could put them up.

They have refused invites-even at Christmas.

Go figure!

wintersnow Sat 18-Dec-10 17:29:57

Just spoken to MIL and she is off out drinking tonight, hasn't even asked her new boss about coming to see us yet and doesn't even have snow as an excuse! I guess she and her husband would be missing out on valuable drinking time if they came between now and new year sad
Also FIL was meant to come today but phoned and cancelled.... Turns out sister in law and her kids were staying over with a friend of theirs 10 minutes away from us last night, didn't even call us or pop into meet new nephew sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: