Talk

Advanced search

giving my children an early xmas present?

(6 Posts)
PurpleMiffy Fri 17-Dec-10 12:51:37

They are so bored today (2&3). I'm contemplating going for a walk into town and using some vouchers I have for ELC. Is it wrong to give them something early? I'm thinking that if we find something today it's going to keep them amused next week. We're generally out the house everyday and now all our groups have stopped. MN be the voice of reason

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 17-Dec-10 12:53:59

Do it, save yourself hours of 'I'm bored'. Last week DD was off school sick. I gave her the Toystory 3 that I had intended for christmas.

PurpleMiffy Fri 17-Dec-10 13:05:36

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to ELC we go. Just wish it was a bigger store.

BettyCash Fri 17-Dec-10 13:57:25

Make Daddy a present! Or granny or grandad or Santa or Mrs Jones next door...

Zeeky Fri 17-Dec-10 14:18:07

Starting from Monday I'm going to let ds(3yrs) open a present from under the tree every day until Christmas. I'm sure he'll enjoy these presents so much more in advance of the big day as once Santa has been it will all get a bit overwhelming. It will keep him amused next week, as long as the gifts aren't clothes!

bentneckwine1 Fri 17-Dec-10 14:35:40

DS gets an early present from Santa...new outfit for his christmas parties...then I rewrap the clothes up on Christmas Eve and add it to the pile under the tree.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: