Talk

Advanced search

to think the M&S party food looks just as bad as the Iceland stuff?

(16 Posts)
hellview96 Fri 17-Dec-10 10:25:37

That round pudding? The smokey, fishy, cheesy pot thing?

Whatever happened to making your own?

Blergh

theevildead2 Fri 17-Dec-10 10:27:07

I've noticed I wouldn't eat a thing from any of the adverts I've seen lately. ALL of it looks revolting!

hellview96 Fri 17-Dec-10 10:32:47

It doesn't make me think oooooh Christmas and start drooling that's for sure.

I'm worried as I know MIL will be serving all sorts of bought party food sad

MsKalo Fri 17-Dec-10 11:09:18

eat before you go! ho ho

waitrose and m&s are soooo expensive!

morrisons do nice party food grin

PfftTheMagicDragon Fri 17-Dec-10 11:33:54

MIL always does Tesco frozen party selections. They are vile.

classydiva Fri 17-Dec-10 11:35:45

M&S Food is lovely.

faverolles Fri 17-Dec-10 11:37:51

YANBU
DH brought the M&S christmas party catalogue home, because he knows I like to drool dream about nice food.
It looked like an Iceland advert with better photos (and no beef lady bits anywhere in sight)
After spotting mini hamburgers nestled amongst the canapes, I'm afraid the catalogue had to go in the bin.

hellview96 Fri 17-Dec-10 12:53:46

faverolles I always thought that M&S was like king supremo of party food, until I've visited a few parties of late and been very disappointed.

and hahahaha ladybits

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Fri 17-Dec-10 13:03:16

I wouldn't buy either, but the M and S looks slightly more appetising on account of it not being brown!

The crap they show from Iceland looks like the spread they used to do on McKeiths You Are What You Eat with not a hint of colour anywhere.

chicaguapa Fri 17-Dec-10 13:04:59

My MIL swears by Iceland party food and she's very snobby and wouldn't go in there any other time of the year. DS loves the prawn rings so he always has one of those! This year I've gone for a combination of Waitrose and Iceland. Isn't that like wearing one designer item of clothing and everything else being from the high street? grin

PinkIsMyFavouriteCrayon Fri 17-Dec-10 13:35:25

It's the pork belly squares that sound vile!

5Foot5 Fri 17-Dec-10 13:42:36

The Iceland stuff isn't up to much really. I bought some last year when DD was having friends round for her birthday and wanted a buffet. The Iceland had just opened in our town and had all the party stuff and it seemed pretty cheap so I got a selection. The kids seemed to like it but personally I didn't think it looked very appetising. I didn't get anything from there when she did the same thing this year. Sainsbury's stuff was better.

ProfYaffle Fri 17-Dec-10 13:44:48

I was a bit confused by those dessert sandwiches, they look like an abomination to me.

zukiecat Fri 17-Dec-10 13:45:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marne Fri 17-Dec-10 13:46:03

I almost gag when i see those pork belly squares on the add smile.

Its just as easy to make your own party food surely? I mean its not hard to put a bit of beef and horse radish into a yorkshire pud, make a few mini pizzas and knock up a few sandwiches grin.

MassiveKnobOfBrandyButter Fri 17-Dec-10 13:52:00

OP you are dead right. I thought it was an icelands ad when i saw those horrid 'sandwich' thingys. didn't realise it was m and s til the end. Awful looking stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now