Talk

Advanced search

to be confused by baby clothes sizes.....?

(6 Posts)
LifeIsButtercream Fri 17-Dec-10 09:19:24

Ok, my daughter is 19months, she is 50th Centile, long and leggy - is not blessed with gorgeous chubby baby legs and arms.

I got her some long sleeved tshirts from Tesco, she is only just starting to fit into 18-24month sized clothes - but the sleeves on the tshirts fitted pretty much skin tight on her arms...... same went for some short sleeved tshirts from Next - baggy over her pot belly, but tight cuffed on the sleeves - left marks.

Mothercare tights in size 1-2yrs have to be seriously stretched already to be long enough (she is long and leggy, but not that tall!) while other tights are baggy Nora-Batty style....

AIBU to be totally confused and be hmm at how on earth these clothes are expected to fit an average-if-a-bit-slender-limbed child now, let alone when she is 2?

Anyone else have this problem? I mean, my daughter has skinny arms and legs and they fit tightly, what about babies with gorgeous chubby rubber-band-wrist arms?

BiscuitNibbler Fri 17-Dec-10 09:24:45

My DD wears different sizes in different shops. At 20 months she regularly wears 6-12 months tights from one supermarket and 18-24 months ones from others. She has some 12-18 months clothes still a bit too big for her and some 18-24 months ones which fit her perfectly. I've given up worrying about it.

LifeIsButtercream Fri 17-Dec-10 09:26:21

Its wreaking havoc with my 'buy next years clothes in the sale' technique! sad

thesecondcoming Fri 17-Dec-10 09:27:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LifeIsButtercream Fri 17-Dec-10 13:23:55

Waistbands are fine - i look for adjustable ones, its the sleeves that get me!!

5DollarShake Fri 17-Dec-10 13:34:49

YANBU. DS is nearly 23 months and we have similar problems. 3 YO clothes are the right length, but way too baggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now