Talk

Advanced search

to be a little peeved with another parent's text about me?

(29 Posts)
Imarriedafrog Thu 16-Dec-10 19:59:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

amberleaf Thu 16-Dec-10 20:02:56

Give her the cold shoulder-dont stoop to confronting her.

What a sad spiteful bitch she sounds

scurryfunge Thu 16-Dec-10 20:03:03

I would ask her directly what she meant by the text and why she felt she had to approach your close friend. Tell her you want to "clear up " any misunderstanding about your fertility and any other questions she might have.

cannyfraddock Thu 16-Dec-10 20:03:29

I would ignore her, people can see through these gossipy types.
Congratulations by the way. x

TyraG Thu 16-Dec-10 20:07:37

What a bitch! If anyone was being thoughtless to your friend's loss it was her.

Imarriedafrog Thu 16-Dec-10 20:08:28

Imarriedafrog Thu 16-Dec-10 20:09:56

Feelingsensitive Thu 16-Dec-10 20:17:06

Sounds a charmer. I would ignore it for now and when she does eventually comment on your pregnancy you can say "yes I heard you knew because of that text you sent such and such and what you had said to x". That will be enough for her to know that you know what she said. Don't waste your energy on these types.

Lonnie Thu 16-Dec-10 20:21:34

with DD3 (4th pregnancy) I bought a longsleeved T shirt that said " YES I AM" on it.. Might be woth to see if you can find that?

YANBU she very much is esp with your friend whom had a stillborn

Imarriedafrog Thu 16-Dec-10 21:11:16

fedupofnamechanging Thu 16-Dec-10 21:17:47

I can be a bit confrontational wrt things like this, so I'd be inclined to approach her and say your friend has brought these comments to your attention. Give her a chance to wriggle and squirm a bit, then say that in future, if she has something to say, perhaps she could ask you directly. Then you will be able to tell her to fuck off and mind her own business directly too!

She sounds like a right shit stirring bitch.

MrsMustardSeed Thu 16-Dec-10 21:18:13

Good, well although I don't know all the facts, I would suggest she is being much more insensitive to your friend who lost a baby than you are!

Some people are a bit sniffy about large families... I have five brothers and sisters and we endured all kinds of raised eyebrows and knowing looks from friends parents, right down to open speculation about our parents' sex life and use of contraception FFS! Don't know why people are so snobby, it's fab to grow up with lots of brothers and sisters, I would have liked a larger family myself but career choices and other things meant I couldn't afford it/ didn't have time on the biological clock grin

MadamDeathstare Thu 16-Dec-10 21:23:07

Imarriedafrog Fri 17-Dec-10 20:06:59

thisisyesterday Fri 17-Dec-10 20:09:56

she sounds like a twat! well done for rising above it, not sure i'd have been able to

Imarriedafrog Fri 17-Dec-10 20:18:59

thisisyesterday Fri 17-Dec-10 20:20:52

don't blame you actually.

bumpybecky Fri 17-Dec-10 20:24:50

what a cow! I'm betting she's jealous. I've also got 4 children and have always said no more, but that's because DH has said no, not because I don't want more. It's not sending bitchy texts though, honest!

bumpybecky Fri 17-Dec-10 20:25:23

not me sending texts!

begonyabampot Fri 17-Dec-10 20:54:46

People obviously see her for what she is. Poor sod, she thinks she is being clever while everyone else is thinking she is just a nasty biatch not to be trusted.

Imarriedafrog Sat 18-Dec-10 12:58:00

Haribojoe Sat 18-Dec-10 13:18:00

She sounds like a very bitter unpleasant person to me.

Personally I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of confronting her. I'd treat her and her behaviour with the contempt it deserves.

Never ceases to amaze me how bothered people can be about things which have nothing to do with them!

LouCracker Sat 18-Dec-10 13:36:47

YANBU. Silly cow! I hate people like that. What the hell has it got to do with her?? She sounds very unpleasant, steer clear!

Btw huge Congratulations! smile

scottishmummy Sat 18-Dec-10 13:44:16

congratulations on pg.dont confront,daft to have it out.you dont need to be having altercations with a gossipy woman.

HalfTermHero Sat 18-Dec-10 14:06:20

The woman sounds like rude and insensitive. Ignore her I reckon. If this is your fifth child though then people will gossip a bit and judge. Rightly or wrongly they will be wondering whether you financial circs are adequate to sensibly have another then the whole issue of overpopulation always gets backs up. My friend with 4 children often has to put up with rude and intrusive observations, comments and question of this sort from strangers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now