Talk

Advanced search

To laugh at sheilas wheels and their renewal

(16 Posts)
starshaker Thu 16-Dec-10 16:07:32

Last year my car insurance was £356 today i got my renewal through and it was £1076.67. So was IBU to tell them they were taking the piss. Ive now got 6 years no claims so its not because i made a claim (i have never made a claim). They said its because last year there were 4X more claims. Why is that my problem????

QuintessentialYuleTide Thu 16-Dec-10 16:15:13

Out of curiosity, does the renewal come out automatically by email?
What happens if you dont read your email, or it is diverted to spam, would the premium automatically be charged from your card unless your replied to say you dont want to take them up on the offer?

Horrendously expensive.

festivecoatgate Thu 16-Dec-10 16:17:48

We had this with my insurance renewal, although the rise was not as steep as yours. The company said it was because of our postcode (we live in quite a respectable area, but next door to a skanky area iyswim). But my DH pointed out to them that my vehicle has a tracker device on it, so if it was stolen then it could easily be traced. The only risk to them is an accident, and that surely cannot be more likely in our postcode - or can it? They are robbing bastards.

starshaker Thu 16-Dec-10 16:18:27

Yeah would have been automatic if i hadnt phoned and cancelled. So if you know anybody with them as their insurer make sure they check their renewal

MassiveKnobOfBrandyButter Thu 16-Dec-10 16:21:42

oh shit! well i shall study my sheilas renewal thoroughly when it arrives. Think its jan/feb.

Always good to swap around and also go through quidco. I got 45 quid cashback for going over to sheilas lst year and they had the lowest premium.

MassiveKnobOfBrandyButter Thu 16-Dec-10 16:22:59

just checked the date of mine, not til june thank god.

QuintessentialYuleTide Thu 16-Dec-10 16:25:17

Not easy this insurance malarky.

It is the same with the aa, they renew automatically unless you say otherwise.

MassiveKnobOfBrandyButter Thu 16-Dec-10 16:46:00

and lloyds tsb are cutting it fine sending me the renewal for jan for my house and contents. they will send a chirpy letter, saying you don't need to do anything blah blah, and if you don't look carefully whooosh you are in for another year at a hig premium. wankers.

agedknees Thu 16-Dec-10 16:51:42

Same thing happened to me with Lloyds TSB car insurance this week. From £500 to £1100 (renewal notice). Got a much cheaper quote on line.

YANBU.bear bear bear + bear

DoNotWantAnotherMincePie Thu 16-Dec-10 16:52:23

I was with AA till last month ...they wanted £690 (had been £350)...Shelia's wheels came out the cheapest to renew with at £340. I think they are all at it ...check renewals and shop around.

lottiejenkins Thu 16-Dec-10 17:08:05

Lloyds put my House Insurance up to £965 this year, i did have a claim for a house flood two years ago but still think that was taking the piss. The man at lloyds was very rude to me too when i gave him my postcard with phonetic letters! "I can spell!!"" I just replied very coldly "dont you dare take that tone with me!!"

sooz28 Thu 16-Dec-10 17:15:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greentig3r Thu 16-Dec-10 17:20:16

Same here, was expecting it to be less but was 300 more (Quinn). Shopped around and got it with my partner added on provisional, various extras for about the same amount (Admiral). The sales guy on phone got me discounts on the online quote even though I'd just phoned to pay.

bethelbeth Thu 16-Dec-10 18:00:34

If your renewal has gone up sky high with no claims in the past year then it's probably that they have changed their rating criteria and don't particularly want you as a client any more. Unless you're daft enough to pay way above the odds.

All the insurers do it.

zsazsa613 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:23:15

Sheila's Wheels will only give me the 4 year No Claims Bonus I started with, even though I paid for it to be protected. They are misrepresenting what 'protection' actually means, by not making it abundantly clear that the 'protection' only means that you stay where you are and do not advance with your No Claims.
I am disgusted with the way Sheila's Wheels have conducted themselves, from failing to remind me of their T&Cs that I had to phone again in a week's time to confirm my instructions to insure another vehicle, leaving me driving without insurance, to failing to tie up a matter of sliding on ice in our car park where the factor is responsible for the communal areas including garden and car park and holding me responsible, to their attempts to triple my insurance from £300 to nearly £900 due to me making a claim, supposedly covered by full insurance and no claims protection.
'Insurance Designed with Women in Mind' ? I don't think so.

BrokenVag Fri 08-Jan-16 12:25:13

ZOMBIE THREAD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now