Talk

Advanced search

To think there is a T-Spoon thief?

(38 Posts)
welshbyrd Thu 16-Dec-10 14:37:24

Im constantly buying T-spoons, which seem to disappear, one by one, within a month or 2, Ive got none left, Ask all DC, shake their head, almost in a way to convince me, they have never seen one in their life, let alone used one.
Kettle boiled, but no spoons, considering using a desert spoon in half measures

TwilaAndTinsel Thu 16-Dec-10 14:39:02

Quite right, there is.

But he compensates by leaving Calpol spoons. I had eleven at the last count hmm

hazchem Thu 16-Dec-10 14:41:18

I think the T-spoon theif is more of an army of gremlins because t-spoons are stolen out of drawers in every country in the world.

InkyStamp Thu 16-Dec-10 14:42:03

yanbu!

sfxmum Thu 16-Dec-10 14:42:21

oh yes they regularly disappear here too
it is a mystery they just gradually vanish

hazchem Thu 16-Dec-10 14:42:38

opps thief that is
must must must learn to check before posting

TinselinaBumSquash Thu 16-Dec-10 14:42:50

We have a T-Spoon thief, however i suspect its because i give them to the kids for thier yoghurts and they go in the bin with the empty pots...

Odysseus Thu 16-Dec-10 14:43:08

They are the "odd sock thief"'s partner in crime!

Ooopsadaisy Thu 16-Dec-10 14:44:12

I thought it was just in my house!

My teaspoons are all mismatched for the same reason. I buy them in sets of 8 and I thought it was quite reasonable to expect them to stay that way.

Where are all the shirt-hangers? Is someone eating them?

Superglue????????????? I buy it - fix something - put it in the garage - look for it to fix something else - wtf has it gone??????

Tape measure - that has been missing for 3 years and I have refused to buy another because I want the guilty party to put it back.

Is someone out to get me?

Are dark forces at work?

welshbyrd Thu 16-Dec-10 14:44:25

Must be the same army, that nicks a sock from each washing load I do grin

IhateSunday Thu 16-Dec-10 14:44:42

My DP never stops whinging about the lack of tea spoons...

We have just taken delivery of 50 catering grade tea spoons from E-bay.....(for a tenner!)

We WILL win the war.........

ItsAHollyJollyTee Thu 16-Dec-10 14:47:45

Teaspoons we don't lose. Measuring spoons, however, poof, disappear on a regular basis.

However, my old office used to lose teaspoon regularly. I finally went to poundland or somewhere like that and bought 100 of them. And put our company name on them in permanent marker. Problem solved.

Apparently the teaspoon fairy likes her (his?) spoons unmarred by marker.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 16-Dec-10 14:48:19

What is more worrying is that I am also missing my favourite pair of lacy knickers.

Has our thief turned into a perv?

TinselinaBumSquash Thu 16-Dec-10 14:51:27

I loose Selotape, during the festive season i buy about 10 rolls becuase i will use it and put it down and it will vanish, never to be found again. Its proabably hiding with the tv remote and the 6 billion single gloves the kids loose every year.

BigNipsSmallTits Thu 16-Dec-10 14:51:33

I think they put them in the bin WITH the yoghurt pots.

I recently cleared my Nan's house out and brought all the teaspoons back to feed their hunger except, the dc still only use the ones with holes in.

welshbyrd Thu 16-Dec-10 14:52:42

Hmmm Ooopsadaisy that has certainly narrowed down the search, an army of T-spoon, and freshly washed socks thieving gremlins, who could quite possibly wearing lacy knickers grin

chakalala Thu 16-Dec-10 14:52:56

the teaspoon thief is the bin and my little 4yr old DD is the accomplice! She went through a phase of throwing things away because "they were dirty" .. cups, plates

TheChewyToffeeMum Thu 16-Dec-10 14:56:29

YANBU but he has recently diversified. We are currently also missing a small paring knife and a pair of Kitchen scissors

AlpinePony Thu 16-Dec-10 14:58:00

I used to live in a bedsit with a shared kitchen where the teaspoons used to disappear with alarming regularity.

Turned out when one of the blokes upstairs jumped out of his bedroom window and did a midnight flit - that he'd actually been using them to "cook up" (heroin).

Time to have a chat with the children! wink

taintedsnow Thu 16-Dec-10 14:58:16

Oh yes. Teaspoons go missing in this house all the time. Which is strange when you consider it's just me, a four-year-old and a dog on a daily basis.

ItsAHollyJollyTee Thu 16-Dec-10 14:59:33

Perhaps the dog thinks they are bones and is burying them in the back garden?

MissAnthropy Thu 16-Dec-10 15:00:36

Our teaspoon thief has had to branch out during the recession. He's also gathering hair ties, odd socks, sellotape, scissors, biros and one part of every jigsaw/teaset/magnetic numbers and letters set dd owns.

We moved house recently and I thought emptying one house into another would turn these things up. Nope.

Just today dd was playing with a full set of magnetic numbers. 15 minutes later the plastic, yellow number one is missing. It was there. DD hasn't moved. Wtf is it?

Pantofino Thu 16-Dec-10 15:03:00

How strange! DH and I had this very conversation at lunchtime! grin I was on my way to Ikea and he asked me to get some.

welshbyrd Thu 16-Dec-10 15:03:41

alpinepony - deffo think chat is order with DCs, grin

Do not have a dog, and garden is patio.

Its a mystery smile

WilfShelf Thu 16-Dec-10 15:09:49

Ah, there's a book you can get to help with this problem...

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: