Talk

Advanced search

To take DD shopping for her friends presents?

(10 Posts)
CupofCoffeeandaPacketofCrisps Thu 16-Dec-10 14:14:36

DD2 has been given a few presents from people at school. She asked me to take her shopping so she could buy her friends presents. I said I'd think about it. DD1 decided to tell me that she thinks it's stupid me taking DD2 shopping and that at her age she should be able to shop on her own. Last night, DD2 said to me "don't forget you still need to take me shopping" and DD1 snapped and said "take YOURSELF shopping".

I'm struggling with them both at the moment, both seem to be fighting for my attention, who is in the right here? Do I take her shopping or should she be going herself?

JingleHell Thu 16-Dec-10 14:17:02

um, you don't say how old she is??

seeker Thu 16-Dec-10 14:20:40

How old is she? If she's 6, then YANBU - if she's 11, YABU!

CupofCoffeeandaPacketofCrisps Thu 16-Dec-10 14:23:46

She's 13

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Dec-10 14:27:08

Does she go shopping by herself for clothes etc?

CupofCoffeeandaPacketofCrisps Thu 16-Dec-10 14:31:55

Sometimes if she has someone to go with like a friend or whatever but she won't go anywhere on her own.

dmo Thu 16-Dec-10 14:33:16

no i would take my boys shopping ie give them a lift to the shop etc and my boys are 13 and 14

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Dec-10 14:34:45

OK, so she won't want to go with a friend to buy presents for friends so obviously she'll want you to go with her. Unless you're very pushed for time, go and enjoy it - soon enough she won't want you. Seems to me its really none of your DD1s business.

(Or you pack the pair of them off together grin)

QuintessentialShadows Thu 16-Dec-10 14:36:00

Sounds like your dd2 wants to have a nice shopping time with mum, and dd1 is jealous.

curlymama Thu 16-Dec-10 14:39:42

It's really nothing to do with dd1. Dd 2 would probably enjoy some alone time with you, go before she decides she wouldn't be seen walking round town with her Mum if you paid her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: