Talk

Advanced search

to be really annoyed that DS is going to be spending the last day of term watching How to Train Your Dragon with his class ...

(19 Posts)
Fibonacci Tue 14-Dec-10 19:25:45

... particularly as I was planning to show it as the high point of his birthday sleepover the following evening.

Or am I overreacting because I am tired and stressed?

GordianKnot Tue 14-Dec-10 19:26:57

Gah. School can be about fun too. When they go to sec school there's none of this

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 14-Dec-10 19:27:01

over reacting

it's a treat for the class

bugger about the birthday sleepover plans being crushed

ChasingSquirrels Tue 14-Dec-10 19:27:26

well, what a bummer.
Was going to say YABU - but given your reasoning, arrgggghhh.

pozzled Tue 14-Dec-10 19:27:55

Yes, YABU, but I can see it's frustrating when you have to change your plans.

Wish I could suggest an alternative film for the sleepover, I'm sure someone will be able to.

purepurple Tue 14-Dec-10 19:28:04

yabu
it's the end of term
what's wrong with him seeing it twice?

CommanderDrool Tue 14-Dec-10 19:28:42

Yes

Fibonacci Tue 14-Dec-10 19:29:15

Not just him - the kids coming to the sleepover will have seen it the previous day too. And I've already bought it (last day tomorrow).

blametheparents Tue 14-Dec-10 19:29:33

Great film, easily watchable again!

YABU, sorry!

P.S. - Bet they won't watch much of it at sleepover anyway, they will be busy messing about!

crazygracieuk Tue 14-Dec-10 19:29:37

Unlucky!

I bet he won't mind seeing it twice?

MardyQuickFollowThatStar Tue 14-Dec-10 19:29:47

Or just go down to the DVD hire shop and get something else out for his birthday night?

SlightlyJaded Tue 14-Dec-10 19:30:55

Do you know what? Not sure how old your DS is BUT you know what kids are like. They'll watch it at school and suddenly it will the The Film to watch, and the fact that he has it on for his sleepover will be a bonus because they'll all be obsessed with it for the next week.

Honestly, it may work in your favour.

Fibonacci Tue 14-Dec-10 19:37:09

OK ... thanks for all the voices of reason. Will try and stop being annoyed. Have 2 family birthdays within 10 days of xmas so triple stress ....

Imarriedafrog Tue 14-Dec-10 19:38:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

verytellytubby Tue 14-Dec-10 20:29:17

Over reacting.

My lot will watch a film, then put it straight back to the beginning and watch again.

MadamDeathstare Tue 14-Dec-10 20:32:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MsElleToe Tue 14-Dec-10 20:36:06

Could you get a Xmas film in as well, Elf or The Grinch? That way you've got a fallback position if they don't want to watch How to train.....again

ballstoit Tue 14-Dec-10 20:44:05

They wont watch it at school, and they wont watch it on his sleepover grin. It's just background noise on both occasions.

YABU for having a birthday sleepover, are you supermum. DSS has asked for one every year since he started school. Each time I have dodged and distracted him because I cant face a night of listening to other people's children giggling til 3am then getting up at 5.

panettoinydog Tue 14-Dec-10 20:50:37

grin Hard cheese. You are over-reacting.

Start another thread asking for good film suggestions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: