Talk

Advanced search

to say please no fighting

(14 Posts)
tesrocks Tue 14-Dec-10 14:19:08

to three boys, two are my DS (8 and 6)and the other is a slightly older friend (10 years). I have taken them to park in freezing cold for two hours and they had fab time, then set them up with Monopoly, fed them, let them play Wii...all I'm asking is that they stop fighting.....the banging, nosebleeds etc. is driving me mad.

Bloody boys making me crazy and this is only day 2 of holidays!!

thisisyesterday Tue 14-Dec-10 14:21:44

no, of course you aren't.

if they can't go for the afternoon without fighting then i'd threaten to split them up

harassedinhertinselpants Tue 14-Dec-10 14:22:56

YANBU - but I'm not sure they'll listen!!

I have two grown up ds's and they fought and fought and fought. Even now they can't just say hello, it has to be hello t****r hmm.

mumbar Tue 14-Dec-10 14:26:11

no I agree with thisisyesterday.

Split them up if they won't stop, before something in your house gets broken. Or put them in the garden and lock the back door grin

tesrocks Tue 14-Dec-10 14:27:29

They were fab at the park and happily played football, we would have stayed there but it was freezing cold and time for lunch.

Just heard DS1 that this is the worst day ever - due to me telling him off for fighting. Normally when they have friend round they play lego but the older boy says thats boring.......FFS hope that doesn't put my two off.

Chil1234 Tue 14-Dec-10 14:29:50

The older boy sounds like a bit of a bully tbh.... If playing nicely is 'boring' and he just wants to fight smaller kids then don't invite him around again. Keep it to well-behaved friends their own age.

tesrocks Tue 14-Dec-10 14:31:26

Older boy is now taking the mickey out of their other toys, I promise you this is the last time he comes round. It is making me feel so sad as normally they all like the same things, other boys also told me about all the games he plays on the Wii - all 18 zombie type stuff - mine like lego batman and kung foo panda - can't wait for him to be collected. angry

Chil1234 Tue 14-Dec-10 14:37:44

Don't wait for him to be collected...ring his parents to come and get him now. Or tell him that's what you're going to do as a threat to make him behave. You're in charge... not this kid.

mumbar Tue 14-Dec-10 14:44:57

I love the phrase....'In this house.....'

My friends Dc are allowed to run amok, jump on furniture, draw/ put stickers on the walls. Erm not in my house you wont!! Running etc - we have a garden or a park opposite. Drawing/ stickers - er thats what paper is for. Don't like it....don't come round. grin

brass Tue 14-Dec-10 14:46:50

Had a child at a party once who was being a bit of a prat and then moaned about wanting to go home. I said right let's ring mum and tell her to come and collect you. What shall we say is the reason? That you're being rude and not capable of playing with the others?

He quickly sorted himself out.

tesrocks Tue 14-Dec-10 14:49:56

I would ring the parents but they were due here about an hour ago so can only assume they are on their way. Feel so exhausted just want to watch the end of Elf and eat XMas tree decorations smile

Well I have certainly learnt a lesson that it is probably better that they have friends their own age round. Older boy now dissing DS skateboards.......at least the fighting has ended.......will this playdate never end!!

tesrocks Tue 14-Dec-10 14:50:58

Thank you for advice and I think I do need to toughen up - off now to have a word or two!

brass Tue 14-Dec-10 15:06:25

Good, tell him he's ungrateful and rude!

Chil1234 Tue 14-Dec-10 15:12:51

And don't worry about saying 'please' either... stick to imperatives!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: