Talk

Advanced search

Shagging Shopping Etiquette.

(23 Posts)
ChristmasTrulyReigns Mon 13-Dec-10 22:32:16

angry

AIBU to this it's incredibly farking rude to go and stand in front of someone who is perusing items on a shelf?

4 blinking time it happened to me in the new Tesco in my town today.

Made even worse by the fact that each time the culprit was a member of staff.

By the last time, I was frustrated to my knees, so I delivered an excessive sweet and polite "Would you mind just moving aside for a moment while I carry on looking at these DVDs?" She turned, sighed and looked at me as though I was highly inconveniencing her. shock

So AIBU to expect better manners, especially in a newly opened store where Customer Service training should still be fresh in the staff's minds?

Nagoo Mon 13-Dec-10 22:35:01

are you invisible? I often forget and leave my cloak on when I go to Tesco.

ja9 Mon 13-Dec-10 22:36:00

lol at nagoo

(this is where we need a 'like' button btw)

TrillianAstra Mon 13-Dec-10 22:38:52

Shagging shopping?

Like, who buys the condoms?

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Mon 13-Dec-10 22:38:59

YANBU, I haven't had that happen in ours, but they seem to have a nasty habit of having about 5 odd people restocking a length of shelves all at the same time.

Trying to get past the staff/cages of stock when they're all chatting to each other is a nightmare.

mogwhistle Mon 13-Dec-10 22:39:26

It's Christmas. You need to sharpen your elbows (and tongue). If you don't how on earth are you going to manage to get that last pound of sprouts on the shelf on the 24th?

SantasENormaSnob Mon 13-Dec-10 22:40:30

So very disappointed with the nature of this thread.

ChristmasTrulyReigns Mon 13-Dec-10 22:43:00

grin at you lot.

I was anticipating a load of "well that will teach you not to shop at Twatcos then".

But I have noticed that it seems to be happening a lot in shops. Does common courtesy and respect for the customer not get taught in training any more?

ChristmasTrulyReigns Mon 13-Dec-10 22:43:38

Sorry NormaS. sad

SlowComfortableShrew Mon 13-Dec-10 22:44:05

Gahhh, I thought this was going to be about getting a quick one in in the freezers or something. Instead v. dull.

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Mon 13-Dec-10 22:44:30

shock at your dirty, filthy mind santas!

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Mon 13-Dec-10 22:51:43

Farking evil witch did this to me whilst I was in the farking queue waiting for the sodding bus last week. I'm still pissed off. There was 2 people in front of me and she farking walks up and stands in front of me, bold as fecking brass. Bitch (not you). She had a coughing fit on the bus though that lasted most of the journey. Thank you karma.

brimfull Mon 13-Dec-10 22:59:05

doesn't happen in Waitrose
natch

LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Mon 13-Dec-10 23:01:59

I thought it was going to be about beads and eggs and stuff.

Hmmph.

ChristmasTrulyReigns Mon 13-Dec-10 23:40:26

Nor John Lewis ggirl. grin

ShanahansRevenge Mon 13-Dec-10 23:48:15

Oh YANBU! I was looking in a mirror in the shop area of Debenhams...trying a coat on...some woman came and stood in front of me to try a hat on!

I said "Erm..Im using this mirror" and she SMIRKED! And said "It's just a mirror"

I was angry

So I said "Yes...it's just a mirror THAT I WAS USING!!"

Se shifted herself fast enough then.

QueeferSantaland Mon 13-Dec-10 23:48:45

Ach, I thought this was going to be about carrying your sex-shop purchases home in an unmarked bag or something.

Or bonking in the changing rooms.

OP, I know what you mean. People never say "excuse me" in shops. When you say it, people look at you all shocked like.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Mon 13-Dec-10 23:48:48

It does in B&Q and Asda - I have had that rant several times in the last week (rather loudly on one occasion - much to hubby's embarassment!).....so YA-sooooo-NBU.

ShanahansRevenge Mon 13-Dec-10 23:49:20

I love festive angry emoticons...they're SO red! Plus you get to type FANGRY..which is somehow vampire-ish!

MrsBonkers Mon 13-Dec-10 23:55:07

Customer Service 0800 50 55 55 or ONLINE
Please report it as the only way people will start taking the customer service industry seriously is if we get better at it.
(Yep, I work for Tesco and shit staff give the rest of us a bad name)

ChristmasTrulyReigns Mon 13-Dec-10 23:59:07

Thank you MrsB - I asked to speak to the manager and mentioned I thought there was a training need.

EuphemismsTrulyReign grin

<<also - wouldn't fwink be a great word?>>

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 14-Dec-10 00:02:15

i thought this thread was the new mile high kinda club

wineonafridaynight Tue 14-Dec-10 00:15:40

I just scanned this and the title and thought that people were shagging in Tesco...and that it was staff! Was shock - I've never got away with that in work hours! grin

Rude shop staff annoy me. Asda pizza counter. DP orders pizza and girl makes it up. DP asks if I am going to get one and I said that i fancied something else. Girl says,

'Good - I really don't want to have to make another pizza'. Errr...it's your job! (Currently I am looking for work so I had no sympathy for however bored she was with her job).

Next time at asda pizza counter I am waiting. Woman comes over and practically whispers 'is anyone waiting'. I make eye contact and try to speak. She turns away, starts cleaning up and ignores mef. One other server finishes the pizza she is working on and wonders off to clean up despite me saying excuse me and trying to make eye contact. Finally, lovely young man is free and is very polite and helpful!

And breathe. Those have been bothering me - I now feel better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now