Talk

Advanced search

to think my days are numbered?

(11 Posts)
Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 19:43:44

Our new lodger moved in last night. So far he has tidied up, offered to cook a shepherd's pie, and he and dh are looking forward to a night of footie after gleefully discussing the Allerdyce sacking.

I feel surplus to requirements! Would I be unreasonable to steal DH's Xmas bonus and go on holiday? How long would it be before they notice I have gone? grin When the freezer, beer and bin bags have run out maybe?

tethersjinglebellend Mon 13-Dec-10 19:44:56

Don't worry, he's probably a serial killer.

See? I knew I could make you feel better.

LittleMissHoHoHoFit Mon 13-Dec-10 19:46:04

Sack your DH...

[helpful]

Prinpo Mon 13-Dec-10 19:49:24

Personally, I'd enjoy being surplus to requirements for a while. Sounds like bliss.

I'm sure there are some aspects of life with DH that the lodger can't fulfill wink. Either that, or you really are in trouble.

MappandLucia Mon 13-Dec-10 19:50:29

I see a Pacific Heights scenario unfolding.

MerrilyDefective Mon 13-Dec-10 19:50:58

What's wrong with you? it sounds great.
You get to MN without being moaned at for being unsociable.
Now as long as they aren't.....
Shagging...grin

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 19:51:51

He's just come downstairs to ask if I need a toilet roll holder hmm. He is paying real money too!

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 19:53:55

I will be kicked of PC shortly as we are abroad and Man U / Arsenal not on foreign tv! I have my iPod touch, so will make myself comfy on the sofa.

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 22:39:54

Do you reckon you can get the lodger to babysit, you know, if he's not doing anything (other than cooking my dinner)? This is a close friend by the way, as opposed to complete stranger.....

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 13-Dec-10 22:48:37

'I see a Pacific Heights scenario unfolding.'

Yeah - I wouldn't lend him any of your electrical tools grin

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 23:03:40

He asked for an allen key earlier to reassemble his Ikea bed! Should I lock my bedroom door?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: