Talk

Advanced search

to think my days are numbered?

(11 Posts)
Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 19:43:44

Our new lodger moved in last night. So far he has tidied up, offered to cook a shepherd's pie, and he and dh are looking forward to a night of footie after gleefully discussing the Allerdyce sacking.

I feel surplus to requirements! Would I be unreasonable to steal DH's Xmas bonus and go on holiday? How long would it be before they notice I have gone? grin When the freezer, beer and bin bags have run out maybe?

tethersjinglebellend Mon 13-Dec-10 19:44:56

Don't worry, he's probably a serial killer.

See? I knew I could make you feel better.

LittleMissHoHoHoFit Mon 13-Dec-10 19:46:04

Sack your DH...

[helpful]

Prinpo Mon 13-Dec-10 19:49:24

Personally, I'd enjoy being surplus to requirements for a while. Sounds like bliss.

I'm sure there are some aspects of life with DH that the lodger can't fulfill wink. Either that, or you really are in trouble.

MappandLucia Mon 13-Dec-10 19:50:29

I see a Pacific Heights scenario unfolding.

MerrilyDefective Mon 13-Dec-10 19:50:58

What's wrong with you? it sounds great.
You get to MN without being moaned at for being unsociable.
Now as long as they aren't.....
Shagging...grin

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 19:51:51

He's just come downstairs to ask if I need a toilet roll holder hmm. He is paying real money too!

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 19:53:55

I will be kicked of PC shortly as we are abroad and Man U / Arsenal not on foreign tv! I have my iPod touch, so will make myself comfy on the sofa.

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 22:39:54

Do you reckon you can get the lodger to babysit, you know, if he's not doing anything (other than cooking my dinner)? This is a close friend by the way, as opposed to complete stranger.....

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 13-Dec-10 22:48:37

'I see a Pacific Heights scenario unfolding.'

Yeah - I wouldn't lend him any of your electrical tools grin

Portofino Mon 13-Dec-10 23:03:40

He asked for an allen key earlier to reassemble his Ikea bed! Should I lock my bedroom door?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now