Talk

Advanced search

to think snow/ice should have been cleared

(7 Posts)
GabbyLoggon Mon 13-Dec-10 13:05:10

For goodness sake, it fell 10 days ago in my cathedral city...On saurday I had to sit on a slope and slide down it on me bum...

This is shaming for a mumsnet legend.

what would the other Gabby Logan say?
"Wheres my driver?" perhaps

jade80 Mon 13-Dec-10 13:08:37

Well that depends... have you got the shovel out and cleared any, outside your house or whatever? If yes, I can see your point, but if you haven't cleared any yourself I don't think you can complain too much.

GabbyLoggon Mon 13-Dec-10 15:20:07

No jade, I am talking about packed ice
all over the west end (big thaw on today)

mozette Mon 13-Dec-10 15:27:20

Until you have cleared the pavement outside your own house you can't complain. Packed ice is actually easy to shift - get a spade, chip away at the ice with the edge of the spade and it will come up.

fayc84 Mon 13-Dec-10 15:29:19

It only becomes packed ice if it hasn't been touched in the 10 days since it fell. If it had been tackled by those who live on the street in the first couple of days it wouldn't be in that state now. Councils can't get to every single street. Main roads and bus routes are priority, followed by roads surrounding schools. If it is a main road that has remained closed because the council has done nothing then YANBU, if it is a side street then you are, I think.

LatteLady Mon 13-Dec-10 16:06:00

I cleared the snow and ice outside my house and four others (oldies who live on my street, the postie who has three jobs to keep his kids etc)but I got v grumpy with the people at the end of my road who did nothing. For Pete's sake I am a grey haired old biddy and they are younger than me... sighs

jade80 Mon 13-Dec-10 19:13:41

Gabby, yes I know you are, but see mozzette and fays comments. So did you clear outside where you live or not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now