Talk

Advanced search

to despise those send to 10 of your friend texts

(13 Posts)
ochayethenoo Sun 12-Dec-10 20:16:31

Does anyone else feel like vomiting when they get one of those sickly, pointless and childish texts that usually go a bit like 'you are a beautiful mother and human being, if you think i am too, send this back to me and to 9 other beautiful mothers...'

You get the kind of thing i mean. Part of me is always genuinly surprised that anyone would consider me a suitable recipiant of such a puke enducing message, the rest of me is ashamed to know anyone who would send one well enough to give them my mobile number.

Is that so unreasonable?

Oblomov Sun 12-Dec-10 20:21:30

oh I hate them too. Never EVER forward them.

iggi999 Sun 12-Dec-10 20:38:28

Delete delete.
Mostly it's my mum sending them to me, I assume she thinks they're nice.

marriednotmulled Sun 12-Dec-10 20:54:22

They drive me nuts too.

I can just about tolerate the saccharine sweet ones but when I'm expected to forward the 3 or 4 texts these dirges are compiled of, then they are ditched.

I know some people have unlimited text messaging but I don't <stamps foot>

Alibobster Sun 12-Dec-10 21:45:08

I hate these but unfortunately I do forward on the 'chain' ones which promise bad luck if you don't, as I'm very superstitious

Spidermama Sun 12-Dec-10 21:47:14

I delete them straight away and give no further thought to them save perhaps a tad of pity for the weakness of the person who sent the text on to me.

StayingFatherChristmasGirl Sun 12-Dec-10 22:33:31

I forward them if I think they are funny, or if I share the sentiments involved. But I haven't forwarded the one a close friend sent me recently, that promised me a miserable 2011 if I didn't forward it.

This friend knows about my struggles with depression, so why she would send it to me is beyond my comprehension.

twinklingfairy Sun 12-Dec-10 22:50:39

I hate these too!
I might hand on the sentiments, if I like them, but I always delete the part that threatens or asks me to send them on to bla bla amount of people.
I really really hate the threatening ones!!

cupcakebakerer Sun 12-Dec-10 23:06:54

Hate them. Ignore them.

ohdearyme11 Sun 12-Dec-10 23:12:13

Hate them!!

StayingFatherChristmasGirl Mon 13-Dec-10 09:40:02

I really don't understand why anyone would send on a threatening one - especially if they know the person they are sending it to has issues with depression.

TyraG Mon 13-Dec-10 10:07:11

Ugh they annoy me. If I want to let someone know I think they're important in my life I just send a card or nice email to let them know.

EarthMotherImNot Mon 13-Dec-10 10:10:22

Another deleter here, I hate them with a passion.

Got one from a "friend" yesterday that was some sort of "angels are watching over you" kind of thing "vom" Delete Delete, its like the daleks here when I get one

We will exterminate!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now